Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godfather of Harlem - US-Pace- EPIX (**Spoilers**)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 teaser trailer

Starts January 15th 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well. I keep saying this about shows recently.. I'm glad there was a recap at the start!🙂

Even with it I'm still a bit blurry on the earlier seasons but it was enough.

3.1: Damn but having Forest Whitaker and Giancarlo Esposito speaking/acting over/intelacing with each other! That was something!

Those two actors really pack a punch.

For the story..

I full sure thought Stella was gonna get killed. That was a pretty chilling hit story.

Malcom looking like he's leaning towards violence.

Not sure about the drug dealing/crime business story. Looks like this was just to resolve the season 2 story and set a starting point. Obviously this Colombo guy has had his credentials setup.

I googled "fink" and I'm pretty sure this was the intended meaning:

verb

verb: fink; 3rd person present: finks; past tense: finked; past participle: finked; gerund or present participle: finking

1.   inform on (someone) to the authorities.

"there was no shortage of people willing to fink on their neighbours"

This show keeps surprising me I think by how the writers weave just right around different points. Not too much story all at once, not too much violence, not too much explaining things.. and yet not shying away from them.

Also the performances by the cast.

3.2: Well. A lot happened there. I could see some 'why not do it this way' and also yeah.. the bigger picture!

The tone of that music in the end credits. Seems like something big is coming.

War then! A big war! Bumpy really doesn't look to be in a good place for it though. Doesn't seem like he's got any money for it.

The 'why not do it this way' was me thinking.. why not send Margaret off to Africa with Elise. Though in the end with war approaching, I was more coming to terms that having them separate means there's less likely a chance both of them could get taken out in the war. At least not at the same time.

3.3: Felt like an episode to carry the story along. The most surprising bit for me was..

Mayme getting grilled because of Bumpy but nothing about the bank robbery. I was full sure she was going to be squeezed on that.

Feels like there's definitely a war coming up. I'm guessing some boss's are gonna get taken out. M-16 style. I wonder if there will be more on the CIA.

Separately that story about Malcom X's father! 😲

3.4: Intense scene there between Forest Whitaker and

the new captain of the cops.

I'm leaning towards Columbo not making it out of this season alive.

Stella too .. feels like she could be on her last legs if she gets known as Columbo said, a real rat.

Maybe there's a big shootout coming up this season. With the heroin delivery.

Not sure what they are planning with Malcom X.

• Advertisement

Just been renewed for a 4th season.

‘Godfather Of Harlem’: Rome Flynn Expanding Notorious Drug Lord Frank Lucas’ Origin Story In Season 4

Flynn will portray real-life gangster Frank Lucas, who is described by the streamer as “a country boy from North Carolina who ventured to Harlem and, after initial friction with gangster Bumpy Johnson (Forest Whitaker), eventually rose to become Bumpy’s fierce defender and right-hand man.” Denzel Washington depicted Lucas in the movie American Gangster, but in Godfather of Harlem, his story begins 10 years earlier than in the film………

Advertisement