Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If it's worth doing, do it right!!!

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Wow!

Rest well. Don't mind the docs advice. Take the year out after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

I'm just picturing you spending the week in one of those dog protective cone things now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Words fail me 😱😱 where is @ThebitterLemon when we need him?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

I'm with you on this one...very rare I'm speechless😲😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Me too! I was thinking last night whether to reply with sympathy or slagging and I just couldn’t come up with anything. Hope you are recovering well B 🙈

I will be back in Ireland from 1st of May till the 6th. Apart from an overnight in Ballina on the 2nd I’ll be based around Tang if anyone fancies a meet up. Can’t travel this time, promises to the Ma!!!

This yoke is covered in dust, how about a resurrection B?

Time to wrap this up once & for all!! I’ve come to accept the fact my running days are done, I just cannot resolve this knee issue after two years of trying. When running is affecting my interactions with my children it’s time to call a halt. I will pop up on Strava on a rare occasion but nothing like the 6 day weeks I ran previously.

I’ve met and ran with many wonderful people from this forum and built friendships I never thought I would have. Thank you one & all. Boards was a big part of my life and the interactions here helped me through an incredibly difficult time in my life, again I’m eternally grateful to those who helped me with this. If anyone ever decides to run the CPC Den Haag, drop me a PM and I’ll gladly play tour guide.

Happy New Year to you all & all the best with your running endeavors in 2024.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Gutted for ya B, nobody deserves that especially not a dead sound skin like yourself. Don't be a stranger (I'll miss stuff like your "postal deliveries in the red light district").

Would love to meet up for a trot along the canal even if it is Tang!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Sorry to see this Barry. You never know what the future may hold, but best of luck with whatever hobby you land on next. Surely a switch to the bike is on the cards? I'll definitely take you up on the Den Haag half at some stage . We'll always have that day in Mullingar, sorry Dalystown. :)

I'm really sorry to read this B, partly because I know how much you love running and it's never easy to walk away from something you enjoy doing so much but also because this place is not the same without you. I have unfinished business with racing in The Netherlands so the Den Haag half is on my list someday too! Happy New year and here's hoping you might get back to it someday.

Advertisement