Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caulking for around electric cable

Options
  • 28-07-2019 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

I've to seal around some t&e in a plastic sleeve/conduit, what is the best caulking to use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

You can probably get female threaded conduit adaptor and use a pg gland even though t and e is flat.

Silicone would probably be better than caulking if that's the chosen method, silicone being more flexible when set.

All depends on the actual setup, is it through a wall etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I've often put silicone around cables, but usually nothing too critical, just to stop moisture ingress. But you hear online about some silicones reacting with some of the PVCs. So I was just wondering if there was something more appropriate, especially where it won't be accessible and you want to avoid things like moisture and mice.

Advertisement