Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping and oral health

Options
  • 29-07-2019 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,367 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I’ve noticed sometimes while vaping my teeth and gums are sensitive. I’m fairly clueless to the finer points of vaping and just wondering is there a more sugar free or tooth friendly option. I’m on a 50/50 PG/VG liquid at the moment. Is one better than the other? I believe PG is more sugar based.

Any advice or info on juice types or flavours appreciated - thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Tough one to answer, could be pg, flavour ingredient or something more dental associated. Try a higher vg ratio and see will that alleviate the issue first of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I don't know a lot about the chemical make up, but both PG and VG are sugar alcohol based. VG is significantly sweeter than PG - but it's natural whereas PG is mostly synthetic. If either one was causing an issue it's most likely PG but not for sugar content. A lot of people have an allergic reaction to it. Also, many vaper's suffer what's known as 'vaper's tongue' where the tongue and back of the throat get coated in a film of VG mostly, I guess the gums can suffer same - use mouthwash regular after vaping for extended periods, should help. You can try upping your VG % as like I say, it is the more natural substance, I've not heard of anyone having bad reactions to VG specifically - so worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,367 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Thanks guys. Some good info there. I'll try play around with VG/PG %ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Vaping also causes dehydration so drink plenty while vaping .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

jonski wrote: »
    Vaping also causes dehydration so drink plenty while vaping .

Definitely! This weather is bad enough with the humidity but vaping on top will dry you out in no time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement