Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japan solo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Not sure if its changed but i thought you couldnt download Japan areas on Google maps, was restricted for me last year.
    Japan is one of the best places ive been, hard to explain its a different world.
    Get a Mi-fi, there is not much in the way of free internet outside of hotels.
    You can order it and get it shipped to your first hotel and when you are done with your trip put it in the freepost envelope and post it back.

Get a rail pass.
    Go to Nara for the deer.
    Get out of Tokyo, personally didnt find much to do there.
    Very safe, didnt have a single worry in two trips ive made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Regarding maps now i remember. Navmii worked for me. Its free and you can download it before you go and add places you have booked like hotels/attractions etc before you go. when you are there you can use it to navigate to these saved places via GPS without using internet.

Advertisement