Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media cancellations - anyone blocked their direct debit?

Options
  • 29-07-2019 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hi there,

Looking to cancel VM as am moving out of the country in the next week or so. Customer for 20+ years and am out of contract.

At a push I don't mind too much paying the 30 days for August, so long as that doesn't actually mean TWO bills. Currently my bill for tv / bb is about 100 euro I think.

Happy to (well, not happy but would) pay that, i.e. for August even though we'll be gone in a few days. But I see reports of them taking a 200 euro cancellation fee.

Also happy to return box / router etc to avoid 150 equipment fee.

Has anyone just cancelled their direct debit mandate or is there a way to ensure that they can only take in or around the 100 euro amount for August.

They say they "can't tell me the amount till the bill is issued". Sounds like BS....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Actually, got sorted with them. Took quite a while but they've agreed that I'll just be charged final month.

happy enough I suppose.

Advertisement