Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Replacement for iPhone

• 29-07-2019 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm considering getting the battery replaced in my iPhone 6. After five years of faithful service it is starting to fade and i'm now lucky to get a couple of hours out of it.

I'm just wondering if anyone has gone down the battery replacement route and if you would recommend it over getting a new phone?

The phone itself is in pretty good condition so i'm hoping to squeeze another couple of years out of it.

Cheers in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Apple were doing a fantastic deal last year, battery replacement for only 29.99 on older models, but I think it's expired. However, pretty sure it's still pretty reasonable and if you get into an official partner like CompuB it can be done in an hour or less.

Think it's a rare example of an official Apple repair being cheaper than a third party store. Give Compub a call anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

the corpo wrote: »
    Apple were doing a fantastic deal last year, battery replacement for only 29.99 on older models, but I think it's expired. However, pretty sure it's still pretty reasonable and if you get into an official partner like CompuB it can be done in an hour or less.

Think it's a rare example of an official Apple repair being cheaper than a third party store. Give Compub a call anyway

Yeah, think I just missed that deal. CompuB will do it for €49 which is still not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Yep, and it won't void your warranty either, if it still exists. I found it made a huge performance leap to my phone too, not sure if it should have, but definitely thought so!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

the corpo wrote: »
    Yep, and it won't void your warranty either, if it still exists. I found it made a huge performance leap to my phone too, not sure if it should have, but definitely thought so!

If i can get a day out of the battery i'll be happy. The phone is plugged in so much at the moment it might as well be a landline!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Tim76 wrote: »
    If i can get a day out of the battery i'll be happy. The phone is plugged in so much at the moment it might as well be a landline!

Mactivate (apple approved) in blanch do it too for 49. While you wait Service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

CompuB for my 6S. Great phone.

Advertisement