Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re CID

Options
  • 29-07-2019 10:19am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help as I can't find a definitive answer online.

I'm due to get my CID early next year. does this mean that I will get paid for the holidays (Summer) of 2020 or do I have to wait for 2020/ 2021 to get paid for them?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Are you second level? I got paid for holidays long before I ever got a CID. Once you have a year long contract you get paid for summers (or so I thought). What kind of contract are you on?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

dory wrote: »
    Are you second level? I got paid for holidays long before I ever got a CID. Once you have a year long contract you get paid for summers (or so I thought). What kind of contract are you on?

I'm adult and further ed. it seems to be a law unto itself!.
    I'm due to go into my 4th year with the same setting. due to new reclassification I have been labelled a tutor rather than teacher, but that's another battle!
    So after 4 years I should be eligible for CID.

Advertisement