Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you open an N26 joint bank account?

• 29-07-2019 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Looking at setting up a joint bank account for myself and the missus once we are married.

We will top up the account each week from or wages and it'll be used for joint spending like utility direct debits, groceries, nights out etc.

Just wondering if N26 offer this kind of account? I'm using Revolut at the moment for my own personal spending and I want to keep that separate going forward.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

No - it's coming but not yet. Joint Pots I think they'll call it?

I think Revolut has joint vaults you could use if your missus uses Revolut too? (albeit you can't spend directly from them)
    Whereas bunq does joint accounts, and you can have 1 card, 2 PIN codes, and each PIN code pulls from a different account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

How much would you be putting in between you? If over €2k a month, KBC account is free. We have a joint account and also our own separate accounts (in different banks). Joint account is used for everything you mention, plus mortgage payments.

I use Revolut and N26 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

Wheety wrote: »
    How much would you be putting in between you? If over €2k a month, KBC account is free. We have a joint account and also our own separate accounts (in different banks). Joint account is used for everything you mention, plus mortgage payments.

I use Revolut and N26 myself.

Cheers, I might look into the KBC option.

If you don't mind me asking, why use both Revolut & N26? Does one offer services the other does not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Tim76 wrote: »
    Cheers, I might look into the KBC option.

If you don't mind me asking, why use both Revolut & N26? Does one offer services the other does not?

I had Revolut first. It's fine for what it is, a prepaid debit card/app. It's not a bank though so I opened an N26 account too.

I don't have any Irish bank account in my name now. Just the joint KBC one. It's good to get into a habit so what we do is both get paid into the joint account. We then get a weekly 'allowance' into our own accounts. The higher earner gets slightly more in their allowance.

I used to get it paid into my N26 by standing order but got annoyed by the letters KBC were sending every week (as it's an international transfer). So now I just top up my Revolut account and transfer some of it to N26. I use my Revolut for my day to day spending, lunches etc., and use N26 as a normal bank account. Have a bit saved with N26 in a 'Space' and have spare change set up in Revolut's equivalent (vault). Nice way of putting something away.

It's working great for us. Our personal allowance is quite small tbh but when you have no bills, apart from mobile phone top up, it's easy to manage.

Mortgage, bills, insurance, all household expenses etc. come out of the joint account. Never thought I'd be such an advocate of joint accounts but it must be an age thing :D

Advertisement