Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax advisor: what do they give you? (a letter?)

• 29-07-2019 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi all,

Currently seeking some tax advice and will be asking an advisor.

In advance, I was wondering what it is that they actually give you: a letter outlining the advice, or a phone call/meeting?

I'm living in Switzerland but have a small rental income in Ireland so I'd like to have something written, just in case I need to communicate to Swiss and Irish tax authorities.

Many thanks,
    C.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Seriously how could anyone here know what an unnamed tax advisor might give you?

The answer of course is to ask the firm involved directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Richards1983

OK, just wondering if there was a standard approach.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I need to communicate to Swiss and Irish tax authorities.

If you hold a C permit or earn over 120k then you are required to inform the Swiss tax authorities.

Thanks Jim.

Re 120k: if over, I'd have to inform them of my rental income in Ireland?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Thanks Jim.

Re 120k: if over, I'd have to inform them of my rental income in Ireland?

Which Kanton and community are you in? 120k is the limit for Zurich, below that you are only required to submit a tax return if requested or if you are requested to do so. When you must submit a tax return then you will have to declare both the income and the value of the property for wealth tax purposes.

• Advertisement

Thanks Jim.

I'm in Geneva. Thanks again for the info! Very useful.

Advertisement