Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Change From Childcare

Options
  • 29-07-2019 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there,
    I have an honors degree in early childcare. I am looking for a change of career mainly because of the pay. I would be interested in conversion courses or post grads but its all very overwhelming. I would be interested in going into the business or marketing area. I was just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation and could offer me any advice.
    Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Because you already "made a mistake" with your degree, I think you need to be extra careful with your postgrad.

1) You should do something you enjoy.

2) It should be something which will earn a higher salary compared to childcare.

I know quite a few marketers. The job is very bull****ty and they're paid pretty decently.

Advertisement