Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric gate -- psa licence

Options
  • 29-07-2019 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

As a end user, if I engage someone to repair an electric gate do they need to be PSA licensed?

I'm thinking of repairs to the ram/electronics not metal work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Always use a PSA Licensed Access Control Contractor to install or service your automatic gates.

https://www.psa.gov.ie/en/PSA/PSA%2060%20Access%20Gates.pdf/Files/PSA%2060%20Access%20Gates.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

buzz11 wrote: »
    As a end user, if I engage someone to repair an electric gate do they need to be PSA licensed?

I'm thinking of repairs to the ram/electronics not metal work.

Yep they do. Automated gates have the potential to be a legal minefield for anyone who works on them. There is alot of work required to certify a gate so any person working on them without a licence and certification is a fool. If something were to go wrong and there was an injury then it can become a serious issue for the owner and who ever worked on the gate.

Advertisement