Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecto's Walrus Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Class song mick.

Holy ****.

Cheers Baggly and well done :D. I didn't think I'd a chance of going this high.

Very glad it did though ty Ecto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

...my wife's entrance music for our wedding ceremony.
    Necro wrote: »
    ...my first dance song at my wedding.
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    ...we first said the L word to each other

We’re pathetic :p

I listen to that song on my way to work on the tough days to cheer myself up. Its a great choice Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Which obviously leaves only one. This is a song I could rhapsodise about. It is a song that my late father adored and he used to blast it from his stereo (we all picked up our playing music too loud from him so he could never give out - even had he been inclined to). The persistent beat, the catchy chorus and that bass line...

I'll be honest, this song probably won more for my memories than those of the person who submitted it but damn, it is a TUNE.

Congratulations to
    Baggly
    . 1st place and twenty points go with your story and submission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Baggly wrote: »
    I listen to that song on my way to work on the tough days to cheer myself up. Its a great choice Mick

You mean you're not russian?

I regret for not going for something more sentimental than curry sauce now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Third again :)

Simple one for me. This was my wife's entrance music for our wedding ceremony. It was the single most perfect moment of my life.

We sat down this weekend and picked our church music, very exciting

Clarabel wrote:
    You mean you're not russian?

I listen to the Russian language translation. You havent lived until you have heard that song in Russian.

What a song, love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The old formula 1 music. You can't beat it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Congrats Baggly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Great job Ecto.

Grats baggers

Delighted with that. The next couple of mine are.... Iffy. So delighted with that one as its close to my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Great track Baggly - well done on the top spot! Great reveal Ecto and I'm looking forward to listening back.

Brilliant one-two there, for very different reasons :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote:
    Delighted with that. The next couple of mine are.... Iffy. So delighted with that one as its close to my heart.

Iffy you say....

God I really regret my next choice now :(

Folks, I am loving this. I want to say a very genuine thanks to everyone who entered and shared their stories. So many of them were lovely and it made it a really tough category to sort through.

Next category up is In My Hometown. Now I was hoping to get through the whole lot this week but I forgot that this was the Bank Holiday weekend coming up so I won't be here on Friday. Tomorrow night is also a bit iffy for me :(

So I'm proposing Thursday night for the next reveal and then Mon/Tues/Wed (WW depending ;) ) of next week to finish us out. I hope that suits!

Thanks Ecto. Whatever suits you!

Yep, all good

Baggly, do we get the winning story? :)

• Advertisement

Baggly, do we get the winning story?

Lol Ectos story won it sure :p

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Folks, I am loving this. I want to say a very genuine thanks to everyone who entered and shared their stories. So many of them were lovely and it made it a really tough category to sort through.

Next category up is In My Hometown. Now I was hoping to get through the whole lot this week but I forgot that this was the Bank Holiday weekend coming up so I won't be here on Friday. Tomorrow night is also a bit iffy for me :(

So I'm proposing Thursday night for the next reveal and then Mon/Tues/Wed (WW depending ;) ) of next week to finish us out. I hope that suits!

That's actually great (selfishly). My next song choice is likely to stink the place out but I really wanna be here for some CHEESE!!! :D

Lol Ectos story won it sure :p

Ha ha, true :p

Yeah go on sure;

Wow thats a good category. So my choice for this is Fleetwood Macs 'The Chain'. Its a brilliant song; it might be my favourite song ever. The first time i heard this song was after a bad breakup. It helped me get over a lot of frustration relating to the breakup. It helped me accept the other persons POV and move on. It was mid 2000s, so it was a fairly formative time for me. Apart from the breakup (because i kept listening to it after that), it reminds me of school years melting into college years - of summers with friends and of long bus trips here and there all over the country. Also reminds me of learning to drive, as its an amazing driving song.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Ecto. U da boss dude.

Yeah go on sure;

Wow thats a good category. So my choice for this is Fleetwood Macs 'The Chain'. Its a brilliant song; it might be my favourite song ever. The first time i heard this song was after a bad breakup. It helped me get over a lot of frustration relating to the breakup. It helped me accept the other persons POV and move on. It was mid 2000s, so it was a fairly formative time for me. Apart from the breakup (because i kept listening to it after that), it reminds me of school years melting into college years - of summers with friends and of long bus trips here and there all over the country. Also reminds me of learning to drive, as its an amazing driving song.

Lovely story Mr. Baggly.

Rumours is quite the break-up album, half the band were breaking up with the other half at the time of writing and recording.

So for those keeping track (you know who you are ;)), here are the scores after 2 rounds.

PLAYER NAME Tell Me a Story Give Me One Moment in Time Running Total
    ElectricNitwit 18 18 36
    Baggly 11 20 31
    sKeith 17 14 31
    Rikand 13 16 29
    Green&Red 19 10 29
    Barney92 15 12 27
    Necro 8 17 25
    Mollyb60 14 11 25
    Quickbeam 9 15 24
    Pretzill 20 4 24
    MicksJaguar 4.5 19 23.5
    Osh 16 7 23
    Tusk 10 9 19
    BuileBeag 3 13 16
    partyjungle 12 1 13
    Tritium 6 5 11
    Kolido 4.5 6 10.5
    Clarabel 2 8 10
    Strawberry Milkshake 7 2 9
    LadySkunk 1 3 4

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    So for those keeping track (you know who you are ;)), here are the scores after 2 rounds.

PLAYER NAME Tell Me a Story Give Me One Moment in Time Running Total
    ElectricNitwit 18 18 36

I'll enjoy it while it lasts!
    I was very true to the question in picking my hometown song, but the song itself may let me down

I'll enjoy it while it lasts!
    I was very true to the question in picking my hometown song, but the song itself may let me down

So was I... unfortunately :(

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    So was I... unfortunately :(

How much it costs you depends a lot on where you're from!

My song literally has the chorus "I grew up in xxxxx", I'll not ruin Ecto's reveal by saying where :p

Advertisement