Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecto's Walrus Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I'll enjoy it while it lasts!
    I was very true to the question in picking my hometown song, but the song itself may let me down

Same haha my song is coming LAST

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I'm looking forward to the hometown category for some new material I haven't heard before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Pretzill wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the hometown category for some new material I haven't heard before.
    My entry will not please you then. :pac:

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Next up was another song I know. My friend and his kid adore this band so I'm familiar with a fair bit of their stuff. I like this song well enough but this one fell down the rankings a bit as I wasn't 100% clear on the story from the song.

Artist: Imagine Dragons
    Song: Demons

4 Points go to
    Deleted User

I probably didn't explain this well and tbh maybe it doesn't fit the criteria with the lyrics but I think the video tells little stories of the people it focuses on.

Kinda like the saying you never know how someone is feeling, the people in the video have all have had some hardship in there lives, they all have thier demons for different reasons.

And even though they might never meet they and thier stories are all kinda connected by the song.

Meh I'm rubbish at explaining stuff :D maybe stu can step in and actually say what I'm trying to say :o

It wasn't a great pick lyically but I love the video as I think it tells a few stories about the people in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

I probably didn't explain this well and tbh maybe it doesn't fit the criteria with the lyrics but I think the video tells little stories of the people it focuses on.

Kinda like the saying you never know how someone is feeling, the people in the video have all have had some hardship in there lives, they all have thier demons for different reasons.

And even though they might never meet they and thier stories are all kinda connected by the song.

Meh I'm rubbish at explaining stuff :D maybe stu can step in and actually say what I'm trying to say :o

It wasn't a great pick lyically but I love the video as I think it tells a few stories about the people in it

Nice explanation Mick, I thought it was a good choice :)

Great songs tonight guys and some lovely stories to go with them. Bless all of you loved up cuties making my heart smile :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Also...

Reigning loser, let’s see how long I can keep this up(quite a long time I imagine)

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d40c58b5544684b55fe4ba5&rid=giphy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Nice explanation Mick, I thought it was a good choice :)

Great songs tonight guys and some lovely stories to go with them. Bless all of you loved up cuties making my heart smile :o

You wanna know the funny thing? I was going through my choices with my wife after submission and asking her what she'd pick and for this category she picked a bloody Creedence Clearwater Revival song cos it reminded her of good times with her dad :cool:

So I guess I'm the soppy romantic in the relationship :pac:

joint 2nd, the downward spiral begins,

i'm honestly suprised the beatles scored so well, like really.

and al stewart is a god, that ecto just didnt realised existed,

the rest of my entries realy scrape the barrel, so hopefully the first two entries keep me out of wooden spoon terroritory.

tusk,

check out this to blow your mind.

It really is one of those, ****... did you really foretell the future or are you just really frecking good at doing horoscopes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Necro wrote: »
    You wanna know the funny thing? I was going through my choices with my wife after submission and asking her what she'd pick and for this category she picked a bloody Creedence Clearwater Revival song cos it reminded her of good times with her dad :cool:

So I guess I'm the soppy romantic in the relationship :pac:

Uh oh! :(

• Advertisement

Pretzill wrote:

Heh... it's unlikely you've heard my entry, but that's not necessarily a bad thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Baggly wrote: »
    I listen to that song on my way to work on the tough days to cheer myself up. Its a great choice Mick

Listened to it this morning. Great shout Mick. Smile on my face on the way in :)

God i love this song. Thank you to whomever put it up.

Twas sKeith Bags :)

Btw, sorry about delay but here's my YouTube playlist of last night's reveal:

One Moment in Time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Baggly wrote: »
    God i love this song. Thank you to whomever put it up.

It is a rare track the ability to give you chills and a history lesson - sKeith I'm listening back to a few of Al Stewarts as I work. He's just wonderful.

sKeith wrote: »
    tusk,

check out this to blow your mind.

It really is one of those, ****... did you really foretell the future or are you just really frecking good at doing horoscopes.

acutally just watched a doc on him the other day.

Oh Jesus! I just remembered there's a video of myself singing at my 21st in one of my playlists :pac:

(Maybe turn your volume down though if you absolutely HAVE to watch it... it's a bit loud :cool:)

Necro wrote: »
    Oh Jesus! I just remembered there's a video of myself singing at my 21st in one of my playlists :pac:

(Maybe turn your volume down though if you absolutely HAVE to watch it... it's a bit loud :cool:)

*runs to watch*

Was that filmed on a potato?

tusk wrote:
    Was that filmed on a potato?

My sister filmed it on some weird camera phone that only took 30 sec clips iirc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I loved that imagine dragons song. I also loved that '59 song that scored worse than it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Next category in around 20 mins folks :D

Jesus where did that day go

Slight delay due to flying ant crisis...

Normal service shall resume shortly

*shivers*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

My sympathies. I hate flying ants with a passion

Well that was horrifying. Swarms. Everywhere. *shudder*

Anyway, the song that comes in at number 20 wasn't quite as bad as flying ants swarming in my kitchen but...

I don't think that the person who submitted this will be surprised. It's just not for me.

Kicking us off with 1 point is
    Necro

:pac:

giphy.gif

Next up is a band I've not heard of before. I didn't totally hate it as in it didn't make my ears bleed or anything and I actually listened to it a good few times with a kind of wry smile. The question I had to ask with a lot of these was would I listen to it again or go looking for more of their work? The answer in this case was not really likely.

Rikand
    scores 2 points in 19th place.

Hi Necro

• Advertisement

When I heard this first I hated it. I still don't love it but it has given me a few laughs since. I'm probably not going to listen to many more times but if I stumble across it again I'll have a laugh about it anyway.

tusk
    submitted this and gets 18th place and 3 points for his trouble.

Advertisement