Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecto's Walrus Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

This is another one that I didn't hate but didn't love and yeah made me laugh a bit. Again though, not something I can see myself playing too often.

I love the sense of style in this video though :D

17th Place scores
    Kolido
    4 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Kolido, are you from Dungloe?
    My granda was from the other side of Burtonport :)

...and I LOVE that song!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Oh god this one is intense

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d4345164a656f76598ed188&rid=giphy.gif

The next song is a song I like by a band I usually enjoy but this wouldn't be a favourite tune. I liked the invoking of the grandparents rule but despite that, other songs appealed to me more.

Quickbeam
    gets 5 points for this little ditty in 16th place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

How many of us share a town now or in the past? Tusk I spent some of my formative years in the Brack. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Kolido, are you from Dungloe?
    My granda was from the other side of Burtonport :)

Nah not from that part of the county EN. Just went with an act from the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Pretzill wrote: »
    How many of us share a town now or in the past? Tusk I spent some of my formative years in the Brack. :)

Nice one. Like any sane person you eventually left :P

tusk wrote: »
    Nice one. Like any sane person you eventually left :P

Of course :)

Continuing a theme of taking songs I like by bands I like and giving them a not-super-high score is possibly one of the ultimate hometown songs. I really like the band and it's a great song but - as with some other songs that haven't done as well - it is massively overplayed.

In 15th place with 6 points is
    sKeith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I knew that would kill me in the ratings, but I couldn't not use it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    The next song is a song I like by a band I usually enjoy but this wouldn't be a favourite tune. I liked the invoking of the grandparents rule but despite that, other songs appealed to me more.

More than fair. I thought I'd be last for breaking the trade descriptions act, and I wouldn't have complained.

tusk it did give me a laugh and they seem like a funny bunch of lads :)

Awww Necro. I was expect some trad music from Coleman county.

Necro too - I live not far from Coleman Country :O -

You from Sligo too, pretzil?

The next song was a slow burner for me. I don't think it's the greatest song ever written and the production values need some work... :pac:
    The more I listened, the more I enjoyed it though and as my major aim with this was to expand my listening beyond my usual stuff it definitely did that.

LadySkunk
    scores 7 points and takes 14th place tonight.

That would've done better :p

You from Sligo too, pretzil?

That's where I live now :) (what did I choose)

That's where I live now :) (what did I choose)

We’ve had this convo before, haven’t we lol

I’m saying streatham

We’ve had this convo before, haven’t we lol

I’m saying streatham

No Strawbs I don't think so :) are you Sligo too? Small world in tonight's reveal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    The next song was a slow burner for me. I don't think it's the greatest song ever written and the production values need some work... :pac:
    The more I listened, the more I enjoyed it though and as my major aim with this was to expand my listening beyond my usual stuff it definitely did that.

LadySkunk
    scores 7 points and takes 14th place tonight.

It was filmed on a potato :pac:

No Strawbs I don't think so :) are you Sligo too? Small world in tonight's reveal.

My mammy is from Coleman country. Im in Leitrim.

Next up was an another act I'd never heard of. I really liked the opening of the song, it's nice and upbeat. It got a little repetitive but it is a catchy tune from an artist I'd probably like to hear more of.

In 13th place it was
    Deleted User
    who submitted this and scores 8 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ecto is being extra nice in case we know the people from our home towns personally :D

Baggly wrote: »
    Ecto is being always extra nice in case we know the people from our home towns personally :D

FYP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Well just to remind you and everyone: I am from Liverpool and I do know the beatles personally.

12th place goes to a cracker of a tune. I'll confess after listening to this one I went down the rabbit hole of trad songs and may have ended up making myself a wee bit sad listening to Luke Kelly doing Scorn Not His Simplicity. This song however is much cheerier - if cheery is the right word for talking about red light districts :pac:

Cheers to
    Barney92
    for the hours I spent on YouTube after listening to this one. 12th place gets you 9 points.

I loved this next artists voice and I loved the melody. There was something I didn't warm to which is why it's further down the list that I'd have expected. A solid tune in 11th place.

Pretzill
    with 10 points for this submission.

I probably should have picked another of Thom's he had some crackers - but I went for one of his most recent. He might be better know as a songwriter than performer as he's penned some hits for Mary Black etc. I did know him, he was a very beautiful man and supremely talented.

• Advertisement

My daddy’s from Mayo

Advertisement