Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecto's Walrus Reveal

Options

Comments

I wrote and sang and produced the song i submitted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Another new artist for me - this thing is working out well!

This song hooked me early on from the intro. It definitely appeals to me but after a few listens it slipped down a few places. Still, starting off our top ten is

Submitted by
    Clarabel
    and scoring 11 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I wrote and sang and produced the song i submitted

I founded YouTube to host the video that will be posted.

I really wasn't sure about this on first listen. Or second or third. The more I listened to the lyrics though the more I enjoyed it. What appealed to me is that although it's so specific, it could be about so many places.

Ninth place of the evening goes to
    ElectricNitwit
    with a tasty 12 points.

Ooooh that's interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Awww Necro. I was expect some trad music from Coleman county.
    Pretzill wrote: »
    Necro too - I live not far from Coleman Country :O -

Nope, Unashamedly standing by my choice :pac:

(Also Coleman Country music is actually very hard to find an actual track of in my brief search)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I'll take that. I had to pick that song, even though it's nowhere near his best. I literally grew up in Streatham, it was a no brainer :)

We’ve had this convo before, haven’t we lol

I’m saying streatham
    ;)

Next up we have our first duplicate (of sorts). It's an artist that I know but I'm far more familiar with her in terms of her collaboration with Damien Rice. I love her voice and think she is hugely talented. This wouldn't be my favourite of her songs but it's a nice catchy tune.

Eighth place and 13 points go to
    Deleted User

Lisa Hannigan is one of my favourite chill out listens. And it turns out I work with her cousin. Small world.

And here is where the duplication comes into it. I am a sucker for a bit of violin too :pac:

Another solid tune from Ms Hannigan - not of Annie fame :D

Fourteen points for
    Green&Red
    in 7th place.

• Advertisement

Right side of the river, Nitwit. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I like her voice. Name didn't seem familiar but sure I've heard her before

Another Damien Rice connection here. I remember when these lads were Juniper. Thoroughly delighted that they continued on after that all fell apart :pac:

A band I really enjoy and haven't listened to enough lately and a great choice of tune.

6th place and 15 points go to
    Baggly

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Next up is a band I've not heard of before. I didn't totally hate it as in it didn't make my ears bleed or anything and I actually listened to it a good few times with a kind of wry smile. The question I had to ask with a lot of these was would I listen to it again or go looking for more of their work? The answer in this case was not really likely.

Rikand
    scores 2 points in 19th place.

Irish Acoustic Punk Rock

The Spuds only ever released one album and only ever played one gig. They never intended for the group to end up being as big as they ended up being and wanted to come quick and disappear over night. All of them had their own bands, so actually Spud ****** was more of a supergroup among Athlone musicians :D Scratch Tracks was the name of the album. I do recommend it for anyone who is into hearing more Irish Acoustic Punk Rock :D

Woo hoo. I remember them as Juniper too :)

Quite the niche genre there Rikand

osh wrote: »
    Quite the niche genre there Rikand

Yea im not sure ive ever hear the words Irish acoustic punk rock in a sentence so I'm certainly intrigued and will be given it a listen

Top 5 tracks all went to songs that I either hadn't heard at all before or had heard them and didn't know the artist.

In fifth place is a band I've always kind of known but never really paid any attention to. I think I mentioned that I've done a lot of listening to these songs in my car and this was one that had me reaching for the volume to turn it up when it came on.

In at 5 and scoring 16 points is
    hard-to-hide-in-a-spoiler-tag aka osh

I do like how you hide my spoiler :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

osh wrote: »
    I do like how you hide my spoiler :D

You’ve just given it away!

• Advertisement

If the last song was a driving tune with the volume turned up, this next song is one that makes you want to turn the volume on the rest of the world down.

I adore this guys voice. I love the idea that he is using the sounds of the sea as music in its own right. I really really really liked this song. :D

Thanks for the introduction
    Deleted User
    . 17 points for 4th place.

quickbeam wrote: »
    You’ve just given it away!

Whoops

I like that tune, osh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Love that track MicksJaguar

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    If the last song was a driving tune with the volume turned up, this next song is one that makes you want to turn the volume on the rest of the world down.

I adore this guys voice. I love the idea that he is using the sounds of the sea as music in its own right. I really really really liked this song. :D

Thanks for the introduction
    Deleted User
    . 17 points for 4th place.

Is that actually your own Mick?

So fighting it out for the top 3 tonight we have...
    Mollyb60
    Strawberry Milkshake

and
    Tritium

Pretzill wrote: »
    Love that track MicksJaguar

Ya I love that song too, I think its a great album as well. It has been known to be my druken party piece, (very druken :D)

Is that actually your own Mick?

I may have lied about that bit :D

In third place is a band that I'm surprised I've not heard of. This track had a very Stone Temple Pilots vibe off it. I was intrigued enough to look them up and everything! This was another turn the volume up tune and I really enjoyed it.

Third place goes to
    Strawberry Milkshake
    and scores 18 points.

• Advertisement

I may have lied about that bit

Its this kind of **** makes me regret creating YouTube

Advertisement