Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecto's Walrus Reveal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Baggly wrote: »
    Its this kind of **** makes me regret creating YouTube

I'm sure the mounds of money makes up for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Second place! This one moved in and out of the top three and ended up a respectable second. It's a very gut feel finish for this one - I just liked the tune and found myself singing along to it.

Tritium
    snags 19 points for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Great songs all

Molly well done :)

osh wrote:
    I'm sure the mounds of money makes up for it

I mean I suppose....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote: »
    Great songs all

Ah shucks Baggly I knew you were a closet Westlifer :pac:

From the first listen to the song in first place it was going to take a fair bit to shift it and it never really happened. I loved the energy in this track to begin with and the more I listened to the lyrics the more it appealed to me.

A great choice from
    Mollyb60
    in top spot with 20 points.

Necro wrote:
    Ah shucks Baggly I knew you were a closet Westlifer

You have my pity Necro. Nothing more.

Baggly wrote:
    You have my pity Necro. Nothing more.

Well I mean I wish I could say this was the end of the Westlife entries...

But it isn't :o

So...another pretty great selection of songs. Leaderboard shifted a little with that one.

PLAYER NAME Tell Me a Story Give Me One Moment in Time In my Hometown Running Total
    ElectricNitwit 18 18 12 48
    Baggly 11 20 15 46
    Mollyb60 14 11 20 45
    Green&Red 19 10 14 43
    MicksJaguar 4.5 19 17 40.5
    Osh 16 7 16 39
    sKeith 17 14 6 37
    Barney92 15 12 9 36
    Pretzill 20 4 10 34
    Rikand 13 16 2 31
    Tritium 6 5 19 30
    Quickbeam 9 15 5 29
    BuileBeag 3 13 13 29
    Strawberry Milkshake 7 2 18 27
    Necro 8 17 1 26
    Tusk 10 9 3 22
    partyjungle 12 1 8 21
    Clarabel 2 8 11 21
    Kolido 4.5 6 4 14.5
    LadySkunk 1 3 7 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Well done Molly - looking forward to listening back tomorrow - another great reveal

And thanks again for all the submissions. :D

A bit of a break for the weekend now but back on Monday night bringing all the cheese ;)

Holy crap I’ve moved off the bottom.

Glad you liked, ecto :)

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    And thanks again for all the submissions. :D

A bit of a break for the weekend now but back on Monday night bringing all the cheese ;)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Cheers Ecto :)

Couldn't listen tonight so looking forward to working through them tomorrow, especially Ballybrack and Spudnigger :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Aww delighted you liked Outsider Ecto! It is a really great track. He hasn't a lot of stuff released but he's a really solid singer and I love his stuff. He's also a really decent bloke from just down the road from me in Nenagh.

Also I didn't get a chance to listen to most of these last night so a spotify playlist (of the ones available) would be appreciated. too lazy to make my own one.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Also I didn't get a chance to listen to most of these last night so a spotify playlist (of the ones available) would be appreciated. too lazy to make my own one.

If you wait till I arise like the Kraken later this afternoon I'll put together another YouTube one of last night if that's any good?

Don't do spotify unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Couldn't really follow last night, but ouch, that one hurt me bad.

Good show Ecto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

tusk wrote: »
    Couldn't really follow last night, but ouch, that one hurt me bad.

Good show Ecto

I'm listening through at the moment. Yours was terrible tusk, but I admire the commitment to the category :p

...and hey, it beat Westlife :)

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    If you wait till I arise like the Kraken later this afternoon I'll put together another YouTube one of last night if that's any good?

Don't do spotify unfortunately

I'm listening to them on youtube on my phone so you're off the hook. Thanks tho :)

I am loving the tracks from this category. The James Sheridan track and the Ivan Nicolas tracks especially I really like. Never heard the Monto song before but it's so clear from the video that they're all having a great laugh. It was brilliant. I really like the Streatham track too and sure who doesn't love Lisa Hannigan? I've reached BellX1 so far and I'm just having a great ear morning so thanks folks! :D

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Never heard the Monto song before but it's so clear from the video that they're all having a great laugh.:D

Monto is my friend groups session song. We would belt it out at every one of our 18th's and 21st's a capella.

Great memories.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    If the last song was a driving tune with the volume turned up, this next song is one that makes you want to turn the volume on the rest of the world down.

I adore this guys voice. I love the idea that he is using the sounds of the sea as music in its own right. I really really really liked this song. :D

Thanks for the introduction
    Deleted User
    . 17 points for 4th place.
    Jesus christ this song should've got #1. Its stunningly beautiful. It gave me literal chills down my back listening to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Jesus christ this song should've got #1. Its stunningly beautiful. It gave me literal chills down my back listening to it.

It's a wonderful album too - I think Galileo is one of my all time favourite songs ever, I never tire of it. Declan O Rourke is a rare talent.

Mick has the voice of an angel

Pretzill wrote: »
    It's a wonderful album too - I think Galileo is one of my all time favourite songs ever, I never tire of it. Declan O Rourke is a rare talent.

If i could thank this twice i would.

Pretzill wrote: »

Well I've a mountain of applications to process this afternoon so he'll be on spotify for me. I knew of him before and I know that Galileo song but this has totally sold him for me. I'm a convert!

It probably would have on another night but I was in a rockier type mood. It's amazing alright.

eh whats wrong with Welcome to Ballybrack!

• Advertisement

Ok In My Hometown playlist is up.

Enjoy it... I guess :D

Advertisement