Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecto's Walrus Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

In a very similar vein we have a bit of a tune being submitted here. I like the band and possibly another song might've scored better, but it's really quite cheesy at the top.

I think
    Pretzill
    won't be shocked at being in 14th place and scoring 7 points when they see what is to come...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

In hindsight it's classic, and may have been lifted out of the cheesy category because well Brian Wilson is a genius - so not surprised at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Another song that isn't quite what I had in mind with cheese...it started well but became a relatively decent song. One I'd listen to again but not so much Easi Singles as fancy restaurant cheese

tusk
    scores 6 points by landing in 15th place.

This is one of my favourite songs ever.

I loved it so much and thought it was a masterpiece that I wanted to research it and find out that other people agreed with me.

My research broke my heart. They all thought it was pretentious cheese. I'll never forget those acidic tears running down my face as I read those reviews.

I'm glad you guys don't agree with those monsters!!!

As we hit 13th place the fondue is starting to well and truly warm up. This is some quality cheese but was pushed hard by some poppier upbeat tracks. That doesn't mean I didn't give it a good sing along - yes, even to the bits I didn't know.

8 cheese flavoured points go to
    StrawberryMilkshake
    for this aged cheddar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

As we hit 13th place the fondue is starting to well and truly warm up

i21qyx8t19i01.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Waiting to see if Necro picked the right West life song like....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote: »
    Waiting to see if Necro licked the right Westside song like....

Oy! I like them but not that much :pac:

The next one has it all...keyboard intro, big hair, moody lighting and a wind machine. It's not a song I know too well and the band, well, they seem to be interchangable with a number of other 80s hair bands.

Kolido
    has 9 points to spread on his cracker with his cheese.

giphy.gif

Kind of happy to be in the bottom ten this category. :D

Landing just outside the top 10 this next song annoyed me the first time I heard it. A few more rounds of listening and I'm singing along to the chorus which is probably a sign of some solid cheese. Still not my favourite but catchy enough to score reasonably well.

11th place goes to
    Deleted User
    with a side order of 10 points.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I really like that song PJ :D

Next up was the unfortunate loser in the battle of this band's songs. Two suitably cheesy songs by the same artist was probably not a shock when you consider who it is...when I saw who had submitted it, I'll confess, I was a little surprised :pac:

10th place and 11 points for
    Rikand

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Actually love that song! Brings me back to my early teens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Been a long time since I've heard that one

I can probably hazard a guess at the other song :D

Hot on the heels of Right Said Fred we have...

Right Said Fred. This song won out by virtue of it's inclusion in a scene from the West Wing with the brilliant Allison Janney. I'm capricious that way.

Clarabel
    snatches 12 points and 9th place with her cheese-tastic choice.

It's weird looking at that video, he kind of looks like a cousin

quickbeam wrote: »
    Actually love that song! Brings me back to my early teens :)

Brings me back to my mid...twenties :D - great track with a smathering of grated cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I looove Flight of the Conchords Micks! Also that's a great idea for a walrus category.. comedy songs!!

If Dead Cat Bounce don't make an appearance in a cateogry like that I'd be disgusted.

Next up was the unfortunate loser in the battle of this band's songs. Two suitably cheesy songs by the same artist was probably not a shock when you consider who it is...when I saw who had submitted it, I'll confess, I was a little surprised :pac:

10th place and 11 points for
    Rikand

First song tonight I've sung along with. I love this! Excellent choice Rik!

Deeply Dippy > I'm Too Sexy :)

• Advertisement

But The West Wing & Allison Janey are fantastic.

Ah this next song made me smile when I saw it in the submissions. Its intro just grabs you and those clicking fingers...

This is a song I have danced to at many a wedding. Choon.

A solid 8th place for
    Deleted User
    with 13 points awarded for such lyrical gems as "Bubba to the bang bang boogie, boobie to the boogie
    To the rhythm of the boogie the beat"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Choon

Seconded!

Yeah that's a great song

So...remember what I said earlier about comedy songs vs comedy sketches with music. This to me is the difference. I love The Lonely Island so this was always going to do well.

I did have a moment where I was singing this at the top of my voice in my room when I remembered that all the windows were open...

I should have known that
    Necro
    would do well in this category, sliding into 7th place with 14 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Hi Necro.

Just outside the top 5, this next song is a reminder of one of those nights where you go to the local for a drink or two with a pal and end up coming home at 6 in the morning. Me and said friend ended up at a house party and in the course of inspecting the house owner's ultra cool CD collection, discovered this single. So of course we HAD to play it. :D

15 points and 6th place go to
    ElectricNitwit

Necro wrote: »
    I really like that song PJ :D

Yeah me too. It can be a tad embarrassing when it comes on and I'm out and about having a few drinks. I inevitably have to sing and dance along.

Once again, before we go to the top 5, we pause to appreciate the persistence of our mystery submission maker. In an ironic twist, this song probably would have done ok in this category.

Any new guesses? :pac:

• Advertisement

Sully?

And the macareena ftw :D

Advertisement