Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecto's Walrus Reveal

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Aww, sorry to hear that Ecto. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Hope it wasn't my movie song caused it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Get well soon Ecto nothing worse than a bad headache

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Well westlife songs...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Normal service resumed but Wednesday night's aren't great for me. So final reveal will take place tomorrow night at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Nice one :)

• Advertisement

If you feel like going again within a week or so, I'm closing entries to mine by tomorrow morning https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057999954

Starting shortly, making coffee first :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Starting shortly, making coffee first :)

No sugar, plenty of milk for me thanks.

So, starting us off tonight is a song that I didn't hate but didn't love. I like the sentiment but I'm not going to have this one on a playlist either. Sorry.

20th spot and 1 point goes to
    Barney92

• Advertisement

Probably not going to be popular for this one but I'm afraid it isn't a song that I particularly like. I enjoy some of the Rolling Stones work but not all. With this one, I'm not sure if it's just been played too much or what but I found myself wanting to skip to the end of the song.

Partyjungle
    scores 2 points in 19th place tonight.

This next song unfortunately suffers in the same way as LadySkunk's first song did. Once upon a time I really liked this song and I do think he has a fantastic voice but this song has some bad memories attached to it so I found myself wanting to skip it all the time. Sorry.

18th place and 3 points goes to
    Quickbeam

This next song was really tough to categorise. I didn't like it much at first but then it grew on me. Then I got a bit sick of it (thank you spotify shuffle function). I started to skip it. Then I kind of forgot about it. Eventually I asked myself will I still be listening to it in a few weeks and the answer was unfortunately no.

17th place goes to
    Deleted User
    scoring 4 points.

It's quiet here, too quiet

Could be partly my fault there Osh...a few too many delays :p

Sure that just builds the anticipation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I'm here, listening, but also trying to figure out what a picture of a man and a tree is suppoesed to represent :p

The next few songs are all great songs but they are ones that became so popular that they are just that bit too familiar for them to score well.
    This particular piece is used in so many movies. The person who submitted it referenced its use in Ocean's Eleven and I do think it is brilliantly used there...but I can think of at least 4 other movies that it's used in too.

Rikand
    is in 16th place with 5 points for this choice.

:( boooo! Can't believe that scored so badly! I love it! My partner just said "17th place?! You just barely avoided relegation!" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

yay i'm not super late :D

• Advertisement

We had some band duplication with Right Said Fred in the last round and next up is the first case of song duplication that we've had across the week. Same song, different category. As I said previously I do like this song but I've heard it a little to often recently. Still a class tune but not enough to push higher in this category unfortunately.

15th place and 6 points goes to
    Strawberry Milkshake

Incidentally, the other song from this soundtrack that I loved was this one

Tis a nice piece alright, easy too see why its popular in films

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Ooph, two last place finishes in a row. Not unexpected but it still smarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Uninvited is a fantastic song :)

I must admit, I dont know Clair De Lune from other movies, but not too bothered. I couldnt really in good faith submit anything else :)

This next song comes from a great movie with an incredible soundtrack. I think practically everyone I knew at the time had this soundtrack and it got played A LOT. A quality tune but again, a bit too familiar to do amazingly well.

14th place scores
    sKeith
    7 points this evening.

I’m on the beer I’m off to Oz in less than 12 hours and I don’t give a ****.

Could someone play beds are burning?

Durn nurn nurn.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

misirlou best song from Pulp Fiction :D

[NSFW or anyone of a sensitive nature]

I have a vague recollection that people weren't mad about this next song when it came out first. I always quite liked it and it's been a while since I heard it. She has a fabulous voice and I think she did a decent job with the Bond title track. I was a bit surprised that some others didn't show up.

13th place and 8 points for
    Necro
    with this.

And now we have the second of the song duplicates. I kind of feel bad for the person who submitted this one. Had you not been pipped to the post in another category it might have done a bit better for nostalgia's sake. Unfortunately when I started listening to this category I'd had this one on heavy rotation already.

That said, it's still a bloody good song.

12th place goes to
    Kolido
    , who scores 9 points.

• Advertisement

Unlucky Kolido!

Advertisement