Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecto's Walrus Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Also in the worried about tonight group. Mines a bit different but reminds me of a good time in my life lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Rikand wrote: »
    Also in the worried about tonight group. Mines a bit different but reminds me of a good time in my life lol

That's all that matters riko

I didn't put enough thought into any of these

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Enjoy the reveal folks. Stuck at work and unlikely to get on too much from now till about 10pm :(

I'll look forward to reading back when I get home tonight though :D

Rikand wrote: »

maniac 2000?

I may be getting 1 this round in fact i'll fight ye all for it but ye will know the memory anyways

• Advertisement

The long awaited sequel to "Pink Lucozade" has been dropped today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Start your engines folks...reveal of the second category starting shortly.

tenor.gif

So I'm going to preface this category by saying that I wish some of ye had worse musical taste. This wasn't quite as difficult to separate out as the 1st category but still a challenge. A lot of familiar tunes in this category and thanks so much for the stories attached to them. As with last night, I'm going to leave it up to the individuals who submitted to share or not.

Starting off with no. 20. This one was submitted as a 'joke' entry and I have to confess that the joke escaped me. I've listened to all the songs a fair bit but after the first few listens, I was hitting next for this one.

Eat That Curry - TPM

Sorry to
    Deleted User
    but this one just wasn't for me and scores just the 1 point.

• Advertisement

What's this category?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Songs to do with food

The moment in time that was submitted for the next song made me want to love it. On first impressions I thought nah, not for me but as I listened to it more it did grow on me, just not as much as the others.

Little Fluffy Clouds - The Orb

In at number 19 and scoring 2 points for its submitter
    Strawberry Milkshake

And the "Moment in Time" connected to this song is:
    To get to this one moment in time I have had a journey starting at the capital radio junior best disco in the hippodrome on a Sunday afternoon, moving on to an acid house rave off Tottenham Court Rd, somehow ending up in Camden in a house that is pumping, then back to my own side of the river not too far from home in what I thought was one house but as you go up the first flight of stairs there’s a big hole knocked out of the wall into the house beside it.
    And now I’m here, in Shoreditch Town Hall sitting under an extremely large parachute that’s being flapped around creating a warm breeze. And as I look all around at the people sitting beside me, I know that they’ve had their own similar journeys that brought them to here.

It's reminds me of time that I ate curry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Sweet divine jesus PJ. I need background to this!

That looks kind of so bad its good. I'd be interesting hearing about the memory for that anyway! Maybe its PJ in the video :D

No vid showing there Ecto, OK I see it now

Used to love that song though back in my younger days

It's reminds me of time that I ate curry

o the time you were wearing your blue jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Frustratingly can't listen in tonight - can't wait to hear PJ's :)

That does not look like curry sauce... I feel a bit sick!

• Advertisement

osh wrote: »
    No vid showing there Ecto, OK I see it now

Used to love that song though back in my younger days

Sorry...the link is being awkward. Showing on mine now but didn't 1st time. Will try an edit

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Sorry...the link is being awkward. Showing on mine now but didn't 1st time. Will try an edit

Nah its showing now, might have been me!

This next one isn't bad. If it came on the radio I'd probably sing along a bit but at the same time it probably wouldn't make it onto any of my playlists. It's a good pop song, and I can see its appeal but was pushed down the list by songs that appealed to me more.

Scars to your Beautiful - Alessia Cara

In at 18, scoring 3 points is
    LadySkunk

The song in at number 17 is a beautiful song. I love it and I do love the memories associated with it but...I've just heard it too often and it has kind of lost its appeal for me as a result. I think it was a great choice for the category and as such I do feel a bit guilty for where I put it...and yet here it sits.

Pavarotti - Nessun Dorma

Scoring 4 points is
    Pretzill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I expected that Ecto (and it was chosen by someone on one of Rikand's Walrus too) - yep overplayed but still fond memories of Ireland in the world cup and what seemed like an entirely happy country!! :)

The moment in time that was submitted for the next song made me want to love it. On first impressions I thought nah, not for me but as I listened to it more it did grow on me, just not as much as the others.

Little Fluffy Clouds - The Orb

In at number 19 and scoring 2 points for its submitter
    Strawberry Milkshake

Aw love this song

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

This next one isn't bad. If it came on the radio I'd probably sing along a bit but at the same time it probably wouldn't make it onto any of my playlists. It's a good pop song, and I can see its appeal but was pushed down the list by songs that appealed to me more.

Scars to your Beautiful - Alessia Cara

In at 18, scoring 3 points is
    LadySkunk

Oooh I really love this Skunky! Great choice!

Pretzill wrote: »
    I expected that Ecto (and it was chosen by someone on one of Rikand's Walrus too) - yep overplayed but still fond memories of Ireland in the world cup and what seemed like an entirely happy country!! :)

I was half tempted to enter Give it a lash jack or Put em under Pressure :D

osh wrote: »
    I was half tempted to enter Give it a lash jack or Put em under Pressure :D

something like that would be really silly :cool:

• Advertisement

Queen are a band that I love. I grew up listening to them as my Dad and brothers were HUGE fans. This particular song though has always been one that I didn't enjoy so much. It's a tune alright but not my favourite Queen song, although as usual, it's a pretty cool video.

A Kind of Magic - Queen

At 16 in our very specific top twenty, this scores
    Tritium
    5 points.

Advertisement