Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecto's Walrus Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Great song but then Queen had so many

Aw love this song

Ah ecto. You can post my memory, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

When I first saw this submission, I didn't think that I knew it, so I was surprised to find myself singing a long (badly but it's ok, the neighbours are used to it by now). It makes me think of summer and nights out dancing so it's a solid choice that slides into 15th place.

Silence - Delerium ft. Sarah McLachlan (Tiesto Mix)

Kolido
    gets 6 points for this choice.

So as requested by Strawbs (I'm gonna go back and edit it in if I can too) and the reason that I wanted to love the song she submitted :

To get to this one moment in time I have had a journey starting at the capital radio junior best disco in the hippodrome on a Sunday afternoon, moving on to an acid house rave off Tottenham Court Rd, somehow ending up in Camden in a house that is pumping, then back to my own side of the river not too far from home in what I thought was one house but as you go up the first flight of stairs there’s a big hole knocked out of the wall into the house beside it.
    And now I’m here, in Shoreditch Town Hall sitting under an extremely large parachute that’s being flapped around creating a warm breeze. And as I look all around at the people sitting beside me, I know that they’ve had their own similar journeys that brought them to here.

In 14th place is an absolute classic. My own memories of this song are connected to watching the video on MTV after school. I was just discovering music of my own and it was probably a bit sophisticated for me but I knew I liked it.

This one was submitted by
    Osh and
    scores them 7 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Beautiful words Strawbs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Wow my stories are sh!t compared to that epic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Damn, I love Unfinished Sympathy

13th place was very close to falling lower but my own nostalgia for this song pushed it up the rankings. It was played to death at the time but it's been long enough now that when it comes on the radio I smile. I was working in a cinema when this song was out and it was one of those jobs that you have when you're just leaving school/starting college and everyone is the same age and work is actually fun.

It was
    Clarabel
    who submitted this one and her memories around it were all about young love, immigration and homesickness and also figuring out that everything will be okay. 8 points for this one.

Awwww Clara this is a great choice.

• Advertisement

Ah Jesus Christ lads. Cool it with the amazing stories, you interesting people you!

I love Iris! As I said to Ecto in my pm I thought long and hard about using it for my soundtrack song. I kinda overplayed it back in the day though and it's lost a bit of it's shine for me but still a brilliant pick!

The story that was submitted for this one made me laugh out loud and I'm hoping that they will share it. It started out much lower on the list than it finished up but I love the old school drama contained in it and despite it's length I found myself paying attention the whole way through each time I listened.

Thanks for this one
    tusk
    . It's in 12th position and scores you 9 points.

If it makes you feel better Tusk I was just getting pissed in the pub watching football :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Goo Goo (Dolls) ga choo

Love that song, it's up amongst my favourites

tusk wrote: »
    Ah Jesus Christ lads. Cool it with the amazing stories, you interesting people you!

Your turn to share :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Lets hear the story Tusk

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    The story that was submitted for this one made me laugh out loud and I'm hoping that they will share it. It started out much lower on the list than it finished up but I love the old school drama contained in it and despite it's length I found myself paying attention the whole way through each time I listened.

Thanks for this one
    tusk

Lemme see if I can root out the PM

Love War of the World's

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Ectoplasm wrote: »

Thanks for this one
    tusk

Speech, speech.

• Advertisement

C’mon tusk

My dad used to have a pretty hefty music system. I remember one day over Christmas going downstairs and, as I usually did, sticking on some music. My dad's music was what I'd usually listen to - Pink Floyd, Eagles, Queen, that type of stuff. I was very young.

Anyway, this morning, I played the CD that was in the tray and it was this album. I thought It was real and that aliens were coming to take over the world and **** myself.

I'll never forget that exact moment. Why did my dad have this information? Was he in on it? Was he an ALIEN too!?

Kids are idiots hahaha

Haha brilliant

I had totally forgotten about this band. I was never their biggest fan but I did enjoy some of their stuff and this was one song I recall as a friend of mine was a massive fan at the time.

The fond memories attached to this song belong to
    Green&Red
    and in 11th place scores him 10 points.

Tusk, part of me believes that story is from last week

Also if anyone isn't familiar with it. Go listen to the whole album. Unreal

Spoiler: my da wasn't an alien (apparently)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Tusk: That's one of the best things I've ever read :)

The next three songs have moved about so often that they might as well be trying to rent somewhere in Dublin. I like them all and this one is no exception. I like the band without being their biggest fan. I loved the story attached to it too.

Mollyb60
    starts off the top 10 and scores 11 points.

So long since I've heard that GnR. Love it!!

• Advertisement

Thats higher than I expected Ecto

Advertisement