Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer laptop, lidl, 199 euros, August 1st

Options
  • 29-07-2019 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/back-to-college-laptops-more/acer-aspire-14-cloudbook/p21471

See link above, arriving August 1st in lidl, 199 euros, is this an OK laptop for someone who just wants to surf the Internet ie. YouTube, rte player, social media etc, no gaming, word processing.? I SEE ITS ONLY 4GB OF RAM, BUT IS THIS SUFFICIENT FOR USE FOR THE ABOVE TASKS. ITS ACER LAPTOP, 14 INCH SCREEN.

THANKS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

At 32GB storage you will be stuck with whatever OS version is on it (newer versions have high storage requirements) but for just browsing and stuff it should be fine
    Think you can get far better if you have a few more euro to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭donabate1

fritzelly wrote: »
    At 32GB storage you will be stuck with whatever OS version is on it (newer versions have high storage requirements) but for just browsing and stuff it should be fine

Hi

Thank s for the prompt reply, much appreciated, yes, I thought at 199 euros, it was too good a deal, I have little technical knowledge, but I love surfing the Internet, watching YouTube videos, etc, and just use Microsoft word, would you be able to recommend a suitable model for these tasks, willing to pay up to 600 euro, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Up to 600 euro? The world is your oyster!
    Check Amazon - 64gb HDD would be recommended minimum
    About 20 euro more for this one

donabate1 wrote: »
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/back-to-college-laptops-more/acer-aspire-14-cloudbook/p21471

See link above, arriving August 1st in lidl, 199 euros, is this an OK laptop for someone who just wants to surf the Internet ie. YouTube, rte player, social media etc, no gaming, word processing.? I SEE ITS ONLY 4GB OF RAM, BUT IS THIS SUFFICIENT FOR USE FOR THE ABOVE TASKS. ITS ACER LAPTOP, 14 INCH SCREEN.

THANKS

You are very good, ill check it out, I'll keep you posted.

Diarmuid

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

fritzelly wrote: »

Nope.

32GB isnt enough for W10. Not at all. Those EMMC drives are also pants.

Just to be clear: The linked laptop is a false economy, do not buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

ED E wrote: »
    Nope.

32GB isnt enough for W10. Not at all. Those EMMC drives are also pants.

Just to be clear: The linked laptop is a false economy, do not buy it.

Sad thing is some poor buggers will think they're getting a bargain.

donabate1 wrote: »

THANKS

Cheers

Diarmuid

Advertisement