Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes on a night out

Options
  • 29-07-2019 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

This sounds so stupid...which it is. But I'm in Dublin for a trip and I forgot to pack my good shoes so I'm left with runners and I'm afraid I won't be left in anywhere around temple bar with my runners.

Is there any late night shop that sells cheap shoes to last only for 2 nights.
    I'm such a dope haha.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Mr.S wrote: »
    There is no where fancy around Temple Bar, you'll be fine.

Bouncers only use the trainers excuse when they don't want to let you in for whatever reason.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot shur!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Unless you've also gone through a time machine you won't have any trouble

I've only worn shoes for weddings and an industry awards event in the past 5 years. I've been to almost every pub in the City Centre wearing runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Yeah the whole shoes thing is a non runner (get it) these days in Temple Bar, you should be grand.

Apologies for the bad joke ;-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

This is one of the things I like about Dublin. You'll actually have no problems getting in pretty much everywhere with runners and the likes.

Places like Galway on the other hand seem to have ridiculous rules around footwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Amirani wrote: »
    This is one of the things I like about Dublin. You'll actually have no problems getting in pretty much everywhere with runners and the likes.

Places like Galway on the other hand seem to have ridiculous rules around footwear.

Really?! I remember back in the day being turned away cos one of us had runners on. He's in shoes ever since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Abba987 wrote: »
    Really?! I remember back in the day being turned away cos one of us had runners on. He's in shoes ever since

It was a problem until the economy crashed. It hasn't come back yet despite it improving as

a: fashion and time has moved on and "school shoes" aren't even the norm in many workplaces these days
    b: people really don't like places as pretentious as they did back then. Hence Lillies and Residence have changed to more normal venues and so on. Still a few horrible holes that think they're special but you'll find somewhere better nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Only place I've seen in Dublin in recent years using the "no runners" crap is Black Door on Harcourt St...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Only place I've seen in Dublin in recent years using the "no runners" crap is Black Door on Harcourt St...

House on Leeson Street too.

Advertisement