Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway mosque attack (vandalism)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Rumors are spreading about who is behind it. Its on twitter. Not saying here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Rumors are spreading about who is behind it. Its on twitter. Not saying here.

FFS vibes, rumors are exactly that, rumors. Even if they become true, they are still rumors and should be ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

FFS vibes, rumors are exactly that, rumors. Even if they become true, they are still rumors and should be ignored.

This is a highly unwise attitude to have in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

My mate had a muslim first name. He changed it to a western first name because he was attacked.

He is the loveliest guy you could meet. He visited me in hospital after i had a seizure.

I like M&Ms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

This is a highly unwise attitude to have in life.

what is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

what is?

The kind that makes you come in and say there are rumours. But I’m not saying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

Who is the "far right" in Ireland? Serious question...

Does the far right exist in Ireland? What about the alt right? Are these similar groups or are their idealogies different?

Personally i dont see any of what you would call "far right" in Ireland.

Someone will probably be along to tell me its gemma and a a few middle aged saddos outside google.

Are people really seeing this crew as some sort of a threat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

Omackeral wrote: »
    I absolutely condemn it.

EDIT - Do you know what, since you're being inquisitive I'll go one further and share a little anecdote with you. I work as a prison officer which I've mentioned on here before. Anyway, we have a handful of Muslim inmates. I had two on my landing during the month of Ramadan. I would ask the lads what it's like to fast in a non Islamic country and things like that. Asked what it's like to do it in jail compared to the outside. I learned that they have a massive celebration at the end of it called Eid. So when the fasting ended, I brought in fairy cakes for the two prisoners and I also learned how to say Happy Eid in Arabic (although I probably butchered the pronunciation). So assume away all you want.

EID MUBARAK will do just fine, Omackeral. And did you share Iftar with them?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Anto Lynch wrote: »

Does the far right exist in Ireland? What about the alt right? Are these similar groups or are their idealogies different?

Someone will probably be along to tell me its gemma and a a few middle aged saddos outside google.

There wasn't even a Right Wing in Ireland until recently with the formation of Renua and the National Party.

FF and FG claim to be Centre Right, but there is nothing Centre or Right about them judging by recent Govts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,791 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Does the far right exist in Ireland?

It is more of cottage industry at the moment.

Basically a handful of Grifters duping money out of weak minded individuals to fund and legitimize their ignorance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Gatling wrote: »
    It was a simple burglary which some are crying hate crime talking about sensational headline

There are some posters here who would just adore there to be an actual ‘white supremacist hate group’ incident in ireland, at the moment theyre clutching at straws with gemma but they need to legitimise their claim that ireland has a ‘far right element’ to rally against and justify donning black hoodies and smashing up shops and punching people.

Theyre the first ones to muddy the waters or ask everyone to hold fire or claim white thugs are painting themselves black, that suicide bombings are usually done by a multitude of ethnic groups and that settled people are dumping rubbish on halting sites when its obvious and theres evidence that its absolutely not the case , yet at the same time the first to cry white supremacists/ racists as the perpetrator of any bad thing that happens to literally any minority group, despite there being no history or evidence of such in ireland.

If there is a rise in extreme right wing and white supremacy. It’s entirely the fault of the leftist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

mad muffin wrote: »
    If there is a rise in extreme right wing and white supremacy. It’s entirely the fault of the leftist.

Ha! The left don't preach hate and intolerance against minorities like Muslims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,791 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If there is a rise in extreme right wing and white supremacy.

Probably more to do with under resourced mental health care TBH.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

There are some posters here who would just adore there to be an actual ‘white supremacist hate group’ incident in ireland, at the moment theyre clutching at straws with gemma but they need to legitimise their claim that ireland has a ‘far right element’ to rally against and justify donning black hoodies and smashing up shops and punching people.

Theyre the first ones to muddy the waters or ask everyone to hold fire or claim white thugs are painting themselves black, that suicide bombings are usually done by a multitude of ethnic groups and that settled people are dumping rubbish on halting sites when its obvious and theres evidence that its absolutely not the case , yet at the same time the first to cry white supremacists/ racists as the perpetrator of any bad thing that happens to literally any minority group, despite there being no history or evidence of such in ireland.

Ha, take a look in the mirror pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,445 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He is on holidays in Spain this week, so technically we have no far right at the moment.

• Site Banned Posts: 136 ✭✭rainybillwill

This has to be white people because only they can do wrong. I would think it was a feminist visiting galway for ladies day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

It was the Amish

Wonder how long it took them to get from Waterford to Galway on a horse and buggy.

There is no extreme right in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Berserker wrote: »

There is a lot of oddballs though. Those headbangers with Gemma O'D protesting out google with their fcuking rosary beads....

Daft, dangerous cnuts.

There is a lot of oddballs though. Those headbangers with Gemma O'D protesting out google with their fcuking rosary beads....

Daft, dangerous cnuts.

Shes not even right wing though, just a mental conspiracy theorist who’s in on everything , i think if we seperate all the people who believe in chemtrails and that unicorns are a government plant and identify them as apolitical nutters then there is no far right in ireland

• Advertisement

Daft, dangerous cnuts.

Shes not even right wing though, just a mental conspiracy theorist who’s in on everything , i think if we seperate all the people who believe in chemtrails and that unicorns are a government plant and identify them as apolitical nutters then there is no far right in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

There is no opposition really so they have to create one by inflating a twitter conspiracy theorist into some powerful cult leader

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭Ecce No Homo

Just lol at this thread. Chock-a-block with butt hurt snowflakes whinging that anyone could even entertain the idea that the act of vandalism/theft (whatever it turns out to be) could be religiously motivated. Some serious basement dwellers in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

So it's ok to spout absolute racist rubbish as long as you also have daft views on unicorns and chemtrails? Therefore not a racist???

Talking through your hoop, mate.

So it's ok to spout absolute racist rubbish as long as you also have daft views on unicorns and chemtrails? Therefore not a racist???

She is a racist though. She isnt right wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

In the last 10yrs my local church was broken into twice, the alter vandalised and even a pentagram thing and numbers sprayed on one of the walls.

Really just makes you wonder just how rife actual full-scale active devil worshipping is across these fair lands.

* turns out it was a couple of bored teenagers, that drank their sugary cider far too fast, likely looking for their teenage kicks.

Nobody said its alright, shes a very mentally ill woman saying awful things and should be condemned, but its not tied to a political ideology , its just nutterism

Nobody said its alright, shes a very mentally ill woman saying awful things and should be condemned, but its not tied to a political ideology , its just nutterism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

klaaaz wrote: »

It's the left's fault I believe white people are superior to every other race

You really can't argue with logic like that, can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

* turns out it was a couple of bored teenagers, that drank their sugary cider far too fast, likely looking for their teenage kicks.

This is also a likely scenario in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, because the obvious explanation for this attack in the small Irish city of Galway is internecine Muslim conflict.
    Either explanation is possible so maybe hold off on judgement until the perps are nabbed by the gardai.

Last time the attackers remained unidentified https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/galway-muslim-group-heartened-by-support-after-mosque-damaged-1.3109818

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

NKante wrote: »
    Wouldn't be too quick to judge. Mainstream Islam are no fans of the Ahmadiyya Muslims.

And the Ahmadiyya do share a lot of ideals with some of the right wing loons too. Antivax, anti-abortion, homophobic, transphobic. Noonan is tight with Michael Nugent and the Irish Bishops work closer with Noonan than any other Islamic group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You asked me if I condemned the vandalism on the mosque with a little veiled suggestion that I didn't. I told you I absolutely condemn it in a direct reply to you. Would you care to acknowledge that reply out of courtesy?

jmreire wrote: »
    EID MUBARAK will do just fine, Omackeral. And did you share Iftar with them?:)

Ha ha yes youtube told me how to say it! One of the lads said something back to me in Arabic while the other said Nice one bro in the most Dub accent you can imagine :) I don't know what Iftar is but they gave these real sweet figs that an Imam dropped in for them and they were very nice.

Ha ha yes youtube told me how to say it! One of the lads said something back to me in Arabic while the other said Nice one bro in the most Dub accent you can imagine :) I don't know what Iftar is but they gave these real sweet figs that an Imam dropped in for them and they were very nice.

What were the two lads in for?

No. The left preach hate and intolerance against anyone who doesn’t toe the line.

Orion wrote: »
    And the Ahmadiyya do share a lot of ideals with some of the right wing loons too. Antivax, anti-abortion, homophobic, transphobic. Noonan is tight with Michael Nugent and the Irish Bishops work closer with Noonan than any other Islamic group.

Maybe it was Antifa that attacked the place so, dont they normally go after trans haters?

Wonder how long it took them to get from Waterford to Galway on a horse and buggy.

There’s talk of a “global” rise. If there is it’s only the leftists fault.

What were the two lads in for?

One for a firearms offence and the other I won't say because they'd possibly be identifiable as the case is somewhat notable and has received media coverage.

• Advertisement

Billy Mays wrote: »
    It's the left's fault I believe white people are superior to every other race

You really can't argue with logic like that, can you?

Logic. Use it ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

My bet is on a lone wolf with mental health issues. That's normally the type who carries out acts like this, particularly against Muslim targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Logic. Use it ;)
    You first

One for a firearms offence and the other I won't say because they'd possibly be identifiable as the case is somewhat notable and has received media coverage.

I know the firearms fella anyway :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

I'd say this is not the work of locals, from what I hear there's a growing unrest between hard-line Sunni's and other minority Muslims in Galway.

I experienced it one day maybe 5 year's ago Irish Muslims had a table out with books about Islam and their faith, and a few middle Eastern looking guy's were calling them Kaffirs and having a verbal about the truth about Islam and the Koran, Sura's etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

This is nothing conpaired what's happening in Germany yet we don't hear about that!

• Advertisement

nthclare wrote: »
    I'd say this is not the work of locals, from what I hear there's a growing unrest between hard-line Sunni's and other minority Muslims in Galway.

I experienced it one day maybe 5 year's ago Irish Muslims had a table out with books about Islam and their faith, and a few middle Eastern looking guy's were calling them Kaffirs and having a verbal about the truth about Islam and the Koran, Sura's etc

Just what we need in Ireland, some more idiots arguing about God.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Orion wrote: »
    That's not just the Ahmadiyya, most/all Muslims sects are anti-gay.
    And although their mosque is named after Mary (mother of Jesus) the women cannot sit with the men..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

My bet is on a lone wolf with mental health issues. That's normally the type who carries out acts like this, particularly against Muslim targets.

And there are a lot of lone wolves who would form a formidable pack. Not that they ever will :pac: but a mosque on a western outpost of Ireland is a most curious sight and some may take exception .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Bobblehats wrote: »
    And there are a lot of lone wolves who would form a formidable pack. Not that they ever will :pac: but a mosque on a western outpost of Ireland is a most curious sight and some may take exception .

Maybe they think it's a magical temple or something, they could be looking for a geni in the bottle lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement