Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boy (8) dies after he and mother pushed on train tracks in Germany

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,037 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

mad muffin wrote: »
    That’s disingenuous. But we should be talking about it. And not putting our fingers in our ears singing lalala whilst our eyes are closed. It also means we need to be more vigilant. Just like when you go to a big city like Rome or London and make sure your bag, purse, wallet are extra safe.

So start a thread and call it what it is. Not masking faux sympathy and saying RIP while getting aroused at the opportunity to talk about immigrants.

Seems to me some actually are pleased about the incident cause they can use it to validate their prejudice while claiming they are sympathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Thread reported, this is just another bash the blacks exercise by racists and xenophobes.

No, this actually happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

NKante wrote: »
    Germany was about as safe for Jews in recent decades as a country can get.

Now Jews are advised not to wear identifying clothing or jewellery.

Tell me, how prevalent have mass sex assaults been like the New Year's eve incident in Colonge where literally hundreds of women were targeted and assaulted in an organised fashion?

There's definitely a problem with anti-Semitism in some groups in Germany.
    How should it best be dealt with though?

So start a thread and call it what it is. Not masking faux sympathy and saying RIP while getting aroused at the opportunity to talk about immigrants.

It is possible to have sympathy and also acknowledge that issues need to be talked about seriously.

But of course, when people jump straight in with racism accusations and horrible comments about arousal, the conversation just can't happen.

Well done lads. Turned this thread into another **** show. It would be nice if just once you could actually have a disagreement without resorting to trying to get the other side shut down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

steddyeddy wrote: »
    There's definitely a problem with anti-Semitism in some groups in Germany.
    How should it best be dealt with though?

Apparently vote for them to stop Merkel ruining Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

So you're admitting you are only using this horrific incident to talk about immigration?

Eh but immigration was a significant cause as to why this incident took place. It's like discussing a car accident but not discussing the reasons why that car accident took place and what vould be done to prevent something similar happening in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

It is possible to have sympathy and also acknowledge that issues need to be talked about seriously.

But of course, when people jump straight in with racism accusations and horrible comments about arousal, the conversation just can't happen.

Well done lads. Turned this thread into another **** show. It would be nice if just once you could actually have a disagreement without resorting to trying to get the other side shut down.

Well it could have been done better. Pushing people under trains isn't specific to one group. There are anti-Semitism problems however. I have a Jewish friend living in Cologne who says supports of Erdogan from the Turkish population have been openly hostile to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Seems to me some actually are pleased about the incident cause they can use it to validate their prejudice while claiming they are sympathetic.

You my friend are a thoroughly despicable human being. You just can’t help yourself. Just getting those jibes in.

So start your no strings attached immigration thread and go nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

There is a superthread needed. One was made for the orgy of traveller threads back when they were the cool culture to binge post about.

Isn’t that the fücking truth.

This started as such. And no, I won't "go nuts". This is a heartbreaking thread that has been hijacked by idiots who want to label everyone who has anything negative to say as racists.

You've been given enough oxygen here. I won't be replying to you again.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Apparently vote for them to stop Merkel ruining Germany.

She’s definitely on her way out. She’s not running for re election. She knows she’s made a monumental **** up of Germany.

This started as such. And no, I won't "go nuts". This is a heartbreaking thread that has been hijacked by idiots who want to label everyone who has anything negative to say as racists.

You've been given enough oxygen here. I won't be replying to you again.

God love you you don't even see the hypocrisy in saying that those reacting to negativity on a year breaking thread are the ones hijacking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Oh my God, that is horrific. I’ve a child of a similar age, there are just no words...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So do you just want a thread of "RIP" "so sad" etc?

No. I'm just making an observation that in this entire thread, probably 10% of the posts have even referred to the child or the mother.

Blaizes wrote: »
    Oh my God, that is horrific. I’ve a child of a similar age, there are just no words...

Yes. Me too. I actually wish I didn’t come across this story.

mad muffin wrote:

My daughter is eight. I honestly don't know what I would do. It's just so senseless and upsetting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

OMG that's horrendous!

Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Its very important not to stick our heads in the sand about this. We are letting people into Europe who come from very very different cultures

I'm afraid it's too late for Germany as things are falling apart there at a rapid rate. Merkel has fcuked them

R.I.P to the little boy :(

My daughter is eight. I honestly don't know what I would do. It's just so senseless and upsetting.

I remember a 2016 quote by Sadiq Khan
    Sadiq Khan: London mayor says being prepared for terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city

But I think being prepared in general is the way to go. Maybe because I’m always thinking of my family’s safety and safety in general that that quote has stuck with me.

I have my so. An extra long hug when he went to sleep tonight.

Oh that poor mother…

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭LongboardPro

flazio wrote: »
    Do enlighten us. To the best of my knowledge none of them have tried to kill their hosts, on the contrary a lot of the junior doctors in our hospitals are Muslim.

Already forgotten about what happened in Dundalk?

Thread reported, this is just another bash the blacks exercise by racists and xenophobes.

So pointing out facts is "racist" and "xenophobic"?
    Are you not capable of critical thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Report all you want.Murder is murder.Irrespective of whether you are black or white etc.The colour of the persons skin, doesn't make it any less of a crime.A poor kid thrown in front of a train to be brutally murdered, and here you are playing the racism card.:rolleyes:

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

So do you just want a thread of "RIP" "so sad" etc?

Or do we point out the fact that certain crimes that are becoming more prevalent in Germany are down to the new immigrants.

Another Jewish person assaulted and spat at in Germany yesterday. Two Syrians the culprits.

Is it worth it? was this policy of open doors to the M.E and Africa worth it? time will tell, but so far I'm not hugely impressed with the results.
    You are completely entitled to say this if this is the way you see the situation .

What has happened to our Free Speech . Why can we not speak our minds now with-out been told we cannot say this or that .

Free speech is very important . Do not forget George Orwell’s 1984 .

There are those that want to control what you can say and even what you think .

Well that’s definitely Germany off the holiday list, was talking only this week about taking the kids to Legoland there. I’d be afraid to risk it now if these kind of animals are roaming around..

So so sad and senseless.

RIP to the little boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

There are some truely evil people in the world. Poor little boy must have been terrified. Absolutely disgusting and depraved thing to do to a little boy and his mother. She might be alive but her life is totally destroyed. Evil bastard should never again see the light of day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,862 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well that’s definitely Germany off the holiday list, was talking only this week about taking the kids to Legoland there. I’d be afraid to risk it now if these kind of animals are roaming around..

You should probably never leave your gaff. People are literally shot every week in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Dispicable act. Poor child - it turns my stomach - what the **** is happening to people, sick.

blinding wrote: »
    You are completely entitled to say this if this is the way you see the situation .

What has happened to our Free Speech . Why can we not speak our minds now with-out been told we cannot say this or that .

Free speech is very important . Do not forget George Orwell’s 1984 .

There are those that want to control what you can say and even what you think .

Well this is happening now to be perfectly honest.

So so sad and senseless.

RIP to the little boy.

Include France and Sweden in that too. They're both arguably worse.

Well this is happening now to be perfectly honest.
    Those that want to Silence People have realised that if they can call you Racist ( whether you are or not ) then they can Silence You .

Do Not be Cowed / Silenced by these Fascists .

Be honest and speak about what you believe to be true . Our lives , hidden behind lies will not have good outcomes . We , in Ireland have done more than enough of that .

blinding wrote: »
    Those that want to Silence People have realised that if they can call you Racist ( whether you are or not ) then they can Silence You .

Do Not be Cowed / Silenced by these Fascists .

Be honest and speak about what you believe to be true . Our lives , hidden behind lies will not have good outcomes . We , in Ireland have done more than enough of that .

Yeah. My father in law told me horrible stories of what used to happen by the church and they suffered in silence because they were afraid to speak up/out.

Yeah. My father in law told me horrible stories of what used to happen by the church and they suffered in silence because they were afraid to speak up/out.
    And , yet there are those that are trying to silence us all over again:mad:

Omackeral wrote: »
    You should probably never leave your gaff. People are literally shot every week in Dublin.

This is not about Dublin in any shape or form.

Jesus. Why would anyone do something like that. Like, in the moments before you decide to kill a child, how does one validate that??

Sad as hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what's so horrifying about hoping for the rise of the AfD. Maybe in your mind wanting to feel safe and secure in ones homeland is horrifying to you.

Then maybe going and expanding the homeland a bit to create a bit more "living space" possibley ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

I've had this discussion with numerous people about immigration. I have no problem with immigrants. People who come here legally to live and work and are vetted. I lived in New Zealand and Australia for years and had to get criminal background checks for visas. I do have an issue with people arriving here and nobody knows their background or history. Yet somehow that's seen as racist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Well your knee jerk reaction is sensationalist. An over reaction. If that's your approach to things then you can pretty much write off every country in the world.

Fcuking awful thing to happen to that poor child and mother. The piece of shít should get life and, if applicable, exported if he manages to get parole. Hopefully he dies in prison.

Murder in Germany will get you 5-15 years, and in certain circumstances life, which is a minimum of 15 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Yeah because there is no difference between a drug dealer/scumbag being shot and a beautiful innocent child being pushed under a train.

You said you are afraid to go to Legoland because some twisted f*cker in Frankfurt did something horrific. The places are 300Km apart. In fact you wrote the whole of Germany off based on this. It was a ridiculous thing to say.

Yeah because there is no difference between a drug dealer/scumbag being shot and a beautiful innocent child being pushed under a train.

A child was pushed under a train. It's horrific. Vile. It's hardly a reason to write off the entire country of Germany. Children have been killed and abused in this country for years and years. Imagine some people saying they wouldn't want to visit Kerry or Donegal because of what Alan Hawe did in Cavan.

As I said, ridiculous.

You said you are afraid to go to Legoland because some twisted f*cker in Frankfurt did something horrific. The places are 300Km apart. In fact you wrote the whole of Germany off based on this. It was a ridiculous thing to say.

Do you have children? Do you realize how crazy it is to push people onto a railway track? 300 km is nothing.

• Advertisement

Blaizes wrote:
    Do you have children? Do you realize how crazy it is to push people onto a railway track? 300 km is nothing.

Omackeral wrote:
    A child was pushed under a train. It's horrific. Vile. It's hardly a reason to write off the entire country of Germany. Children have been killed and abused in this country for years and years. Imagine some people saying they wouldn't want to visit Kerry or Donegal because of what Alan Hawe did in Cavan.

Omackeral wrote:

I think we are losing focus here guys.

I've had this discussion with numerous people about immigration. I have no problem with immigrants. People who come here legally to live and work and are vetted. I lived in New Zealand and Australia for years and had to get criminal background checks for visas. I do have an issue with people arriving here and nobody knows their background or history. Yet somehow that's seen as racist?
    Calling you racist when you in anyway question mass immigration is just to shut you up in the Orwellian fashion .

Its ‘ Control ‘ in action .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If a person is a guest in the country wherever this may be should be deported when they commit crimes...

They are only a guest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I disgust anyone whatever religion or colour or creed.....when they commit such crimes....

Disgusting creatures and should be tortured for the rest of their days....

Shockingly, yeah I do realise it's crazy... and I'd realise that whether I have kids or not.

It's also crazy to write off going to an entire country based off what some evil or deranged person did in some city that's miles away from where you were intending to visit. By this logic, you'd never visit anywhere again where there's a significant population within a few hundred kilometer radius.

Also, I hope you don't intend on visiting Dublin or coming within an asses roar of it after this happened a few years back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement