Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find the cheapest Credit Union loan?

• 29-07-2019 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I'm currently paying an APR of 7.5% on a home improvement loan of about €45,000. I was looking at the CreditUnion.ie website here and it says:
    For credit unions in the Republic of Ireland with a dedicated home improvement loan rate*, the average loan rate was 7.7% APR and the lowest rate was 4.33% APR.

How would I find that loan so I can clear off this more expensive loan? I'm currently looking for a cheaper rate but I'm not sure how to find it short of getting a mortgage topup. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

I'm currently paying an APR of 7.5% on a home improvement loan of about €45,000. I was looking at the CreditUnion.ie website here and it says:
    For credit unions in the Republic of Ireland with a dedicated home improvement loan rate*, the average loan rate was 7.7% APR and the lowest rate was 4.33% APR.

How would I find that loan so I can clear off this more expensive loan? I'm currently looking for a cheaper rate but I'm not sure how to find it short of getting a mortgage topup. Thanks.

It might be at a different credit union to yours....

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Famous Blue Raincoat

gwalk wrote: »
    It might be at a different credit union to yours....

...Yes, I expect it is. Wouldn't it be amazing if credit unions accepted new members and gave loans to those new members...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

The lower rates are probably covered loan offers!
    The low rates are and advertising ploy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Some are these deals such as HSE staff etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

First South credit union in Cork City do, based on flyers I've seen. New members can avail of loans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭vandriver

...Yes, I expect it is. Wouldn't it be amazing if credit unions accepted new members and gave loans to those new members...
    You can't just join any credit union.You need to live or work in the area covered by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Probably the rate for a secured loan, i.e. you have more in savings than your loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

almost as if they exist for people who live or work in the area..... and not just randomers on the internet......

Advertisement