Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport 10k Sep 2019 - €10,000 Prize Money

Options
  • 30-07-2019 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Westport AC are 40 years old and celebrating with a few races 14th September. The biggest is the 10k which will have €10,000 in prize money and €1,000 for the first male and female.
    https://www.popupraces.ie/race/westport40/

Don't think I've ever seen as big prize money outside Dublin. I won't be competing for prizes but it should draw a good field and fast race which might drag me to a PB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Any ideas what's the course like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Any ideas what's the course like?
    They said they'd post the route soon on their Facebook page. Westport town centre is in a bit of a hollow with hills around it but the lands around are relatively flat along the coast. I presume a decent hill as you leave Westport out into the countryside and then flat along the coast. Same hill would be downhill before a finish so potentially fast finish. This is just a guess and really I've no idea until I see the exact route but I'd imagine it's along the relatively flat coast road once outside the town centre.

Advertisement