Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED tyre valve caps

Options
  • 30-07-2019 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi there,

Is it legal to use LED tyre valve caps?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

We don't enforce laws in this country so regardless of them being legal or not, they aren't legal as the lights allowed on a vehicle are detailed in our statutes, you are highly unlikely to get done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

They might damage the valve too with the extra weight on it. I think they look bad either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ito

Thanks, @Del2005.

I guess it is like going in the bus lane and many other things... It is not legal, but as far as you don't cause an accident, you are grand.

GBX wrote: »
    They might damage the valve too with the extra weight on it. I think they look bad either way.
    They didn't even cost me 2 Euro, just wanted some more visibility during the night...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Don't you get them free with corn flakes? :D

To be fair, they look crap and weird, reflective wheel tape is what most people use.

• Advertisement

zubair wrote: »
    Don't you get them free with corn flakes? :D

To be fair, they look crap and weird, reflective wheel tape is what most people use.
    LOL!

Yep, I already put the reflective wheel tape... I will give it a try and remove them if I don't like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

As was said already, the weight of them can pull the valve out at speed. But each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I can understand trying to make yourself more visible - but to me these are a gimmick. I can't see how they would greatly improve your visibility to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If you like them put them on.
    It's your bike.

I will try to send you all a picture or video

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    If you like them put them on.
    It's your bike.

No, don't listen to blade. You should do it how I say!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

ito wrote: »
    They didn't even cost me 2 Euro, just wanted some more visibility during the night...

Turn your lights on? I travel mostly at night coming back from work. Don't kid yourself that being more visible will actually make you more visible...

macplaxton wrote: »
    Turn your lights on? I travel mostly at night coming back from work. Don't kid yourself that being more visible will actually make you more visible...
    I am new in this world, still loads to things and tricks to learn :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Duck tape a small led torch to the wheel that will make you plenty visible.....I JEST!!!!

First lesson, don't listen to me. Second lesson, don't listen to wonda.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have a Phd in I told you so, I'll have you know.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I put them on my car once, they got stuck and the valves had to be cut off and replaced.

Yeah... I will leave them for the bicycle... They don't look as good :(

Advertisement