If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 8 series tvs (100hz) do you stock these?

Options
  • 30-07-2019 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

I think I'm right in saying that the current 6 and 7 series screens are 50hz?

Wondering if you are / will stock the 8 series screens. I've an almost 10 year old PFL8404 that I got from you guys back when there was a Philips store in Dublin run by you guys. 

Couldn't be doing with a 50hz screen now. Love the ambilight also. 

Thanks,

Zaphod

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

zaphodbeeb wrote: »

Wondering if you are / will stock the 8 series screens. I've an almost 10 year old PFL8404 that I got from you guys back when there was a Philips store in Dublin run by you guys. 

Thanks,

Zaphod
    Hi Zaphodbeeb.

Thanks for the post.

At the moment the highest spec Philips we stock before OLED is the 7394 which is only 50Hz.

There are other brand with 100Hz if moving away from Philips but you will lose the Ambilight feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Thanks,

Zaphod
    Hi Zaphodbeeb.

Thanks for the post.

At the moment the highest spec Philips we stock before OLED is the 7394 which is only 50Hz.

There are other brand with 100Hz if moving away from Philips but you will lose the Ambilight feature.
    So I take it there's no plans for that to change anytime soon then?

Thanks,

Zaphod
    Hi Zaphodbeeb.

Thanks for the post.

So I take it there's no plans for that to change anytime soon then?
    Hi Zaphodbeeb.

All of our purchasing is done by head office so unfortunately I don't know.

We get sent daily and weekly stock updates so all I can do is keep my eye on it for you and if anything changes I can let you know.
    It will also appear on our website as pre-order if there are plans to stock it.

It can be hard for us to try and stock ever single model a manufacturer makes as there are hundreds of them across all manufacturers.
    We try to maintain a good selection of TV's while fitting every budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Hi,

I see you now stock the 50PUS8804 - will this be available in 55" and if so what price?

Best,

ZB

Hi,

I see you now stock the 50PUS8804 - will this be available in 55" and if so what price?

Best,

ZB
    Hi Zaphodbeeb.

It seems there was only a very small amount that came into our main warehouse and sold straight out again. 
    We never got any at all here at the Belfast store.
    The 55PUS8806 is listed as last few to clear on our .co.uk website so I don't think we will see anymore of these.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.