Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peculiar Description of Payment on Statement

Options
  • 30-07-2019 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I made a online payment a couple of weeks ago to my BOI MasterCard from my AIB Current A/C. Everything looks fine, except that my MasterCard Statement description is "BOI STANDING ORDER PAYMENT". Couple of mistakes here...
    (1) It was a payment from AIB, not BOI.
    (2) It was a single payment, not a standing order. 

Can you please confirm that this type of transaction is simply badly worded?

Thanks,
    QZ.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

QuasiZZ wrote: »
    I made a online payment a couple of weeks ago to my BOI MasterCard from my AIB Current A/C. Everything looks fine, except that my MasterCard Statement description is "BOI STANDING ORDER PAYMENT". Couple of mistakes here...
    (1) It was a payment from AIB, not BOI.
    (2) It was a single payment, not a standing order. 

Can you please confirm that this type of transaction is simply badly worded?

Thanks,
    QZ.

Hi QuasiZZ,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

We have checked with our Credit Card Team on this.  [font=Arial","sans-serif]This is a generic narrative that is posted to the account which accompanies this payment. The BOI relates to the card that is being paid which is why it doesn't state AIB.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]We understand that this was not a Standing Order however this is the narrative that is used for these payments.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]John [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 17 QuasiZZ

Thanks, John, I appreciate your time on this.

You've satisfied my concerns. Small bit of feedback, at the very least the "Standing Order" bit should be replaced. While the "BOI" bit is ambiguous, "SO" is simply wrong.

Regards,
    QZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

QuasiZZ wrote: »
    Thanks, John, I appreciate your time on this.

You've satisfied my concerns. Small bit of feedback, at the very least the "Standing Order" bit should be replaced. While the "BOI" bit is ambiguous, "SO" is simply wrong.

Regards,
    QZ.

Hi QuasiZZ,

Thank you for the feedback, it is appreciated. Please be assured we will pass this on to the relevant area.

Many Thanks

John

Advertisement