Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a phone in the USA

Options
  • 30-07-2019 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I am relocating to the US in October. Upon arrival my wife will need a mobile phone but as she is finishing her job in Ireland in August she will also need an Irish phone in the interim. With that in mind, considering the prices for Apple iPhones (second hand) in the US, I am thinking of picking one up there next week when I visit and she can use an Irish sim in it here until October and pop a US prepaid sim in when we get there in October.

Easier said than done I guess.

However, when I look for iPhones for sale some say 'GSM' unlocked and others say 'GSM and CDMA unlocked'. I'm confused by this. What difference does it make and what should I be looking for?

Advertisement