Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40+ speakers

Options
  • 30-07-2019 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey there, Been doing a bit of research on this but got lost in all the info.

I have a 42 speaker system to setup, quality of sound is not important as the music is for animals. These are the speakers hxxxs://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/speaker-drivers/1218638/
    I am a bit lost when researching as i know very little about A/V.
    What amp to use?
    Some of the cable runs could be up to 200mtr, Is this a problem?
    A Lot of High Voltage cable around, Is there a safe distance to avoid interference or does the cable have to be shielded?
    Would a speaker switch help?
    Would wiring the speakers in Series-Parallel be a good idea?

Any help or links would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

I mean this in a nice way, if you don't already know how to do this I strongly suggest that you hire a professional to do it for you - it'll be cheaper in the long run, as opposed to getting someone to sort it out for you if its incorrectly installed or you buy the wrong supporting kit.

Mod Hat On

Boardies: If any of you have personal experience of having such a system installed, please pitch in with whatever advice you can offer.

Warning: this is not an opportunity for touting for business, bans will follow any such attempts.

Ritz.

Advertisement