Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords Express bus stops..

Options
  • 30-07-2019 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm starting a new job at the Eastpoint Business Park, and to get there I'll be using the Swords Express (I'll be taking it from the Topaz-Circle K bus stop on Dublin road just before the pinnock hill roundabout).

I'm bit confused about the nearest bus stop I could get off when going to work and the nearest bus stop to the Business Park from which I could get on to go back at home.
    Could anyone point me the exact spots on google map?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Inbound to the city, there's a stop on the East Wall road , possibly 5-10 mins walk to East Point. Outbound, stop is on opposite side of the road adjacent to the Gibson hotel. Have a look at their timetable for stop locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

I work there, but have only used the Swords Express once. As far as I recall the drop off arriving in town is at the Alexandra road junction with East wall rd. and the return pick up is at the Gibson hotel. So, it's a good hike of 10-15 minutes at least, using the rear entrance to the park on Bond Rd. There could be other stops that link better with the Eastpoint shuttle bus that goes to the Luas. You can find the location of the bus stops at https://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie though it's not the easiest site to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Another option would be walk up to Main Street and get a 43 down Malahide Road and get the shuttle from Clontarf Dart station. It probably depends on what part of East Point you're going to. It'll be cheaper than the Swords Express too. If you end up getting an annual Tax Saver ticket there isn't much different in cost between them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

Hi guys,

Considering a move to Swords but the property I am looking at is near the end of the route.

Is the bus generally full in the mornings before it hits the last few stops in Swords?

I work in the city so I'd be pretty snooker'd if I wasn't able to get on the bus in the morning because it's full. I don't know anyone who gets the Swords Express so I can't ask them. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Hi guys,

Considering a move to Swords but the property I am looking at is near the end of the route.

Is the bus generally full in the mornings before it hits the last few stops in Swords?

I work in the city so I'd be pretty snooker'd if I wasn't able to get on the bus in the morning because it's full. I don't know anyone who gets the Swords Express so I can't ask them. :/

Where abouts in Swords are you moving to? There are a few different routes for the Swords express.

• Advertisement
Advertisement