Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice when moving provider

Options
  • 30-07-2019 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi

I am moving from Three to Virgin and when I rang Three earlier today to check about my notice period I was told that I needed to provide them with 1 month notice. However when I rang back later to confirm I wanted to cancel I was told that I did not need to do this when I was moving provider. They said that the 1 month only applies when cancelling the number completely.

Can anyone confirm for me if it is correct that I won't get double charged if I move to Virgin now without waiting for the end of a notice period to Three.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

You pay in advance for line rental. If you leave/port away two days after the bill is issued they are unlikely to refund you the balance. What I do is I always give the 30 days notice around my bill date and then leave before starting a new billing month. Otherwise you're paying twice for the same month.

Check 3's T&C's to be sure to be sure.

Advertisement