Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland

• 30-07-2019 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I'm banking with Boi like before but now i got my debit card first. Can it happen to get it before my pin? Two times i opened account but always first i get my pin.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Did you request a new debit card or is it your first one?

Yes pretty normal imo as long as they send pin and card seperate it really makes no odds

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Oliver24

Yes pretty normal imo as long as they send pin and card seperate it really makes no odds

I opened one again and just wondering i have the card and the pin still haven't arrived. But they messaged me that 2-3 working days and get them. That was yesterday i got my debit. Today i didn't get anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Oliver24

But my debit card posted on Monday and the Pin still not they messaged me on Monday 2 to 3 workig days and everything will be with me. Tomorrow is the last day as it will be Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,791 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Did anyone have any issues with their boi cards yesterday?

At 1930 I tried to pay for some groceries with contactless. My card was declined twice.

I then went to an aib atm outside to withdraw cash, I was told I had insufficient funds, even though I had.

Drove to a boi atm and tried to take out 40. I looked normal but no money came out. Tried again and asked for 20. Again nothing.

Used card to check balance and loads in account.

None of these attempts had any effect on my transactions when checked online afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

My card was refused at various tap machines regularly two weeks ago but worked with the PIN. Seems to be okay now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,791 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Seems to be working again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

A new Payment Services Directive (PSD2) came into force in September and I think there is something in there that limits the total amount that can be paid via contactles before a transaction with authentication is required.

That may be what's going on here.

I got a message to this effect from Revolut and now I get promoted from time to time that I'm approaching a limit and I need to provide a fingerprint to reset it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Former Coach

Is the BOI online banking system down? I can't get into the app or via website ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 9 A1ek

Is the BOI online banking system down? I can't get into the app or via website ðŸ™

from https://www.bankofireland.com/:
    Bank of Ireland Digital Services 365 Online, Mobile, Tablet Banking app, Business On Line channels, ATMs and PSD2 APIs are currently unavailable at this time. We wish to apologise for any inconvenience.

basically nothing is working :(

Advertisement