Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best Replacment For E Fibre Eir F100 Zyxel Modem

Options
  • 30-07-2019 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks What is the best Replacment For E Fibre Eir F100 Zyxel Modem? The ports are starting to go on it.Waste of time looking for another off eircom cause i end up putting some fellow through a wall with their ****e customer service.(i am out of contract as well i think.)
    Would it be as easy set up as the eir one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Anyone ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Maybe post in the Broadband forum?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

FanadMan wrote: »

thanks i was guessing computer parts so i thought maybe here was right place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Hi Folks What is the best Replacment For E Fibre Eir F100 Zyxel Modem? The ports are starting to go on it.Waste of time looking for another off eircom cause i end up putting some fellow through a wall with their ****e customer service.(i am out of contract as well i think.)
    Would it be as easy set up as the eir one?

If you put it into Bridged mode you could connect any router to it in PPOE mode. You would only need one port then.

Are you using it with a different provider may I ask ? You say you think you are out of contract ?

I know Eir's CS is pants but if you say you cannot user their service because it's broken (after all the trains were all stopped today by a lightening strike !?) then they have to replace it, no?

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    If you put it into Bridged mode you could connect any router to it in PPOE mode. You would only need one port then.

Are you using it with a different provider may I ask ? You say you think you are out of contract ?

I know Eir's CS is pants but if you say you cannot user their service because it's broken (after all the trains were all stopped today by a lightening strike !?) then they have to replace it, no?

Ken

I must try that bridge mode I have an old netgear range max modem here. Still eircom provider.As in I am not tied to a contract now I mean it's up the year. They make up some excuse & prob charge me for a ****e one they send.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement