If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49" 4K TV - Sony KD49X

Options
  • 30-07-2019 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get a 4K TV and my main requirements are display quality, HDR capability, motion rate, etc. I can use a fire stick for the smart tv features but I'm really looking for screen quality with my PS4 Pro.

I was looking at the Bravia KD49X range and was wondering could you help please.

I believe F is 2018 and G is 2019, not pushed on either. Then the model range of 7x or 8x. For my requirements above, would i be looking to concentrate on the 8x range or are there 7x displays that match 8 but just might not have the OS features?

As I'm looking for screen quality, might i be better off looking at OLED screens on different brands?

Budget is 700-800. I can't find the answers I'm looking for in google or getting mixed info so any advice from ye is much appreciated!!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to get a 4K TV and my main requirements are display quality, HDR capability, motion rate, etc. I can use a fire stick for the smart tv features but I'm really looking for screen quality with my PS4 Pro.

I was looking at the Bravia KD49X range and was wondering could you help please.

I believe F is 2018 and G is 2019, not pushed on either. Then the model range of 7x or 8x. For my requirements above, would i be looking to concentrate on the 8x range or are there 7x displays that match 8 but just might not have the OS features?

As I'm looking for screen quality, might i be better off looking at OLED screens on different brands?

Budget is 700-800. I can't find the answers I'm looking for in google or getting mixed info so any advice from ye is much appreciated!!
    Hi Zero-Cool,

I would definitely say the OLEDs would be best for picture quality however you're starting off at £1099 for the LG OLED55B8. I got a B8 at the start of the month and was completely blown away by it, nothing comes close. You can only get an OLED in a 55" or above though.

The  Sonys would be the best of the LED TVs, the 8 series is also a better panel than the 7 series for contrast, colour, motion and also for smart features. I would go for the Sony KD49XG8305 at £849 as it has twice the processing power of the XG8196. The 8305 has a native 100Hz panel with 800Hz Motionflow processing whereas the XG8196 only has a native 50Hz panel.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks David, some good info there. I can't go above 50" and 800 euro so oled and the 83 range is out I'm afraid but i know i should focus on the 8x range instead of the 7x range. Thanks, will keep an eye on them.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thanks David, some good info there. I can't go above 50" and 800 euro so oled and the 83 range is out I'm afraid but i know i should focus on the 8x range instead of the 7x range. Thanks, will keep an eye on them.
    No worries Zero-Cool.

If anything else catches your eye let us know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.