Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to build a PC for competitive level gaming

Options
  • 30-07-2019 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hello, I'm hoping to build a PC soon to make the change from Xbox to PC.

I mainly want it to game at a high level.
    I'm not too bothered about fancy settings, I'll play most games on lower settings.
    I mainly play Fortnite, COD, Apex Legends and whatever new game comes out.
    I'd also like it to run stuff like Red Dead, GTA, Skyrim, Fallout etc on something more than potato settings, I'm not expecting 4k.

I'm planning on buying a 240hz monitor, I'd like to play at 240hz.. if that's not possible in the budget I'll scurry away to the 144hz monitors. (Not included in budget).

So it's mainly to play at a high level in competitive games but I also want it to manage some of the other aforementioned titles.

I hope to start streaming in the next while but I'll probably look at building a separate pc for that unless it's possible at this price point (doubtful).

1. What is your budget? €1000, something in that region but I'm flexible.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Probably not.

8. How can you pay? Card, Cash, Soul.

Comments

Advertisement