Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assaults in Courtown - see OP for mod warning - updated 01/08/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Boggles wrote: »
    Your mother in law or brother in law living there is not a "contact" FFS. :rolleyes:

Stop clogging up the thread with your complete spoofing.

You are the main spoofer on this thread

Nothing but pure scutter from you trying to come up with ways to deflect and derail the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

El_Bee wrote: »
    here, you said it right here.

No i'll tell you again i never said it was a good idea which is what was implied. I said they should be able to sit outside until 5am without fear of being raped.

People like you make me sick tbh. Twisting and turning things around to load blame onto the victims of sexual assault instead of the actual monsters who carried it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

What a load of utter scutter. The parents of these kids bear zero responsibility for their children being sexually assaulted and raped.

So indulge me, where have i said they were responsible for their kids being raped?

Come now, back yourself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You are the main spoofer on this thread

Again, what "fact" have I posted citing "local contacts" (mother in law)?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Its also completely irrelevant, it could have happened at eight o clock, what would people have to blame the parents then?

What difference does it make only to decrease the crime of the rapist. People have been raped in the morning at all times of the day, it doesn't matter what the parents did or did not do.

It's fcuking pathetic it really is. You've a cohort of people of George Hook ilk who try and pass the blame onto women/girls when they are raped. You hear it all the time. "Look what she was wearing" "She was drunk" "She was out late" "But sure she invited him back what did she expect"etc..

Sickening, and this is 2019 ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

It's fcuking pathetic it really is. You've a cohort of people of George Hook ilk who try and pass the blame onto women/girls when they are raped. You hear it all the time. "Look what she was wearing" "She was drunk" "She was out late" "But sure she invited him back what did she expect"etc..

Seriously, who is blaming the girls?

You're straying from incomprehension where you might have been more comfortable, to imagination.

No one has blamed the girls here.
    Literally. No one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - no speculation or retelling of local gossip please. Please stick to verified sources

dudara

dudara wrote: »
    Posters - no speculation or retelling of local gossip please. Please stick to verified sources

dudara

Fully agree

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

RTE SOR: Garda Investigation Into Alleged Attacks On Teenage Girls In Courtown, Wexford

Cormac O'Keeffe, Security Correspondent, Irish Examiner

via RTÉ - Today with Sean O'Rourke https://ift.tt/2ZmW8fX .mp3

nothing new

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I think your over reacting here, no one is blaming the girls.

But the article only says teenage girls, now that could range from 12-17.

Now as a parent I would never let my 12/13/14 out at 1215am with no adult superivising them.

15-17 years of age you got to give them more independence depending how mature the teenagers are.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Now as a parent I would never let my 12/13/14 out at 1215am with no adult superivising them.

15-17 years of age you got to give them more independence depending how mature the teenagers are.

You are not considered an Adult until you are 18, therefore the parents have a duty of care to ensure the safety of their children as best they can

You are not considered an Adult until you are 18, therefore the parents have a duty of care to ensure the safety of their children as best they can

Where did i say otherwise?

Where did i say otherwise?

You said "you have got to give them more independence"

Does that mean letting them out at all hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

all the articles say 14

You said "you have got to give them more independence"

Does that mean letting them out at all hours?

No what it means, as kids grow older they need more independence so they can mature and grow into a young adult.

The worst thing you could do is keep your teenager locked up from 10pm onwards and then at 18 let them rock out to night clubs wihtout knowing what life is about or any experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 83,486 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    You were the first person to mention colour.

I’ll thank you to demonstrate where this is true? I haven’t mentioned any such thing.

No what it means, as kids grow older they need more independence so they can mature and grow into a young adult.

The worst thing you could do is keep your teenager locked up from 10pm onwards and then at 18 let them rock out to night clubs wihtout knowing what life is about or any experiences

I'll disagree

Ireland has become a dangerous place especially for young girls. If that means they are to be in by a reasonable hour or you know they are in a safe environment then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

you're either deliberately misconstruing what's being said just so you can be angry at people or you're just not reading what people are posting, either way your jibberish is tiresome, time to ignore.

I'll disagree

Ireland has become a dangerous place especially for young girls. If that means they are to be in by a reasonable hour or you know they are in a safe environment then so be it.

No one said they be in an unsafe environment.

For example, god forbid it never happens. Your daughter(16) could be sitting on the wall outside your house at 9pm with her friends, this is a safe environment, but suddenly a nut job appears and stabs her.

Do you blame yourself as a parent?

For example, god forbid it never happens. Your daughter(16) could be sitting on the wall outside your house at 9pm with her friends, this is a safe environment, but suddenly a nut job appears and stabs her.

We are talking about 14 year old's out past midnight

What you compared is apple and oranges

• Advertisement

We are talking about 14 year old's out past midnight

What you compared is apple and oranges

I never said 14 years should be out after midnight.

You went on about an unsafe environment, but every enivroment can become unsafe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Blame the justice system that repeatedly let's out these nut jobs on suspended sentences. The state has no more duty of care to its citizens. You really think Leo and the rest of them care what happens to anymore who's not in their immediate circle? . To make our country safe again, make people accountable for their crimes.

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Blame the justice system that repeatedly let's out these nut jobs on suspended sentences. The state has no more duty of care to its citizens. You really think Leo and the rest of them care what happens to anymore who's not in their immediate circle? . To make our country safe again, make people accountable for their crimes.

But sure it was the same back in the 80's. Difference now, is we have social media

But sure it was the same back in the 80's. Difference now, is we have social media

Grand! We will keep things as they are so. Or as most posters on Boards will argue, we must understand the offenders firstly before harsh sentences. Pathetic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Or as most posters on Boards will argue, we must understand the offenders firstly before harsh sentences. Pathetic.

:confused:

who said that?

Graham wrote: »
    :confused:

who said that?

Read this

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057996721/28/#post110802074

And countless other threads were posters including myself are accused of being barbaric for wanting to have harsh sentences for repeat violent or sexual crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

No mention of the story on the Six one news

That’s really odd

It’s almost like they are trying to bury the story ?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

That’s really odd

It’s almost like they are trying to bury the story ?!?

Or they have nothing to report

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Very few sexual assaults make it to TV news. Generally it's the high profile court cases that are reported on TV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement