Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assaults in Courtown - see OP for mod warning - updated 01/08/19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

El_Bee wrote: »
    so the place opened up itself and closed itself down at the end?

Obviously not. But when two teenagers were locked in a kiss grabbing each other’s arses on the dancefloor, do you honestly think there was an adult there watching that? That’s a far more weird thing than there being no supervision. Somebody can open a door, fuck off for several hours, then come back and lock it again.
    tuxy wrote: »
    The long running event I'm taking about always had lots of supervision.

Teenagers openly neck at these things. There were adults looking on? Whoa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Has this some connection to this thread or is it just something that's currently on your mind?

Post #431 of this thread. Read the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

God, I wish I hadn’t read that. For so many reasons.

I skipped that article and went on to read the one praising Gemma O'Doherty, deserving of Miss Universe is what they had to say about her.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Post #431 of this thread. Read the link.

What has that got to do with you fantasy about beating your relatives in a fight?
    Sounds like an interesting family.
    There is an ongoing investigation and by default your mind drifts to violence.

• Advertisement

I just got off a Luas in Harcourt about 30 minutes ago, and some middle-aged, dishevelled lout with a British accent was standing on the platform, banging and shouting on the windows of the (still-stationery) Luas.

As we came closer it was obvious he was directing his attention at a couple, young man with his arm around a woman, both of whom may have been barely 18, shouting" Stay away from her! I'll beat your head in, I'll beat your fcuking head in. I know what you're doing! You cnut"

The two young people looked a mixture of mortified and quite afraid. If you haven't guessed by now, this was a black guy and a white girl. The Luas and yer man went off, and one of the guys on the platform was calling the Guards.

Those who saw the whole thing said it was just a bizarre, unprovoked attack.

Just thought I'd mention this as a weird coincidence. Luas Racist are you on this thread?

Anyway, I'm not drawing a parallel between Courtown and this fairly mundane aggression (although mundane isn't fair on the young couple either.) this kind of stuff has been happening for centuries, and it's what happens when society allows males of other ethnicities to be regarded as subhuman or primitive sexual predators.

Teen we walked up towards the canal and saw Mannix Flynn gesticulating to someone at a building site. It was a strange old evening.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Off-topic posts removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

God, I wish I hadn’t read that. For so many reasons.
    The use of that font (courier/typewriter?) should only ever be used on a 1980's nam type movie, featuring a fax-typewriter or morse-code spewing out type machine. https://kilkennyjournal.com/

Didn't realise KKenny had a DP centre, does every town of significance have one now?

So it turns out the Garda do know exactly who the suspects are.
    Would explain why they didn't ask for help catching them.
    Is it ok that they are still asking for eye witnesses to come forward or is that also a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

The men from Kilkenny are only being questioned for now, they are not necessarily guilty. Funny how all the lefties here are jumping to conclusions which is what they have been accusing many of their opponents in this thread of ironically.
    reputable news organisations reporting ... is what we're going on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I just got off a Luas in Harcourt about 30 minutes ago, and some middle-aged, dishevelled lout with a British accent was standing on the platform, banging and shouting on the windows of the (still-stationery) Luas.

As we came closer it was obvious he was directing his attention at a couple, young man with his arm around a woman, both of whom may have been barely 18, shouting" Stay away from her! I'll beat your head in, I'll beat your fcuking head in. I know what you're doing! You cnut"

The two young people looked a mixture of mortified and quite afraid. If you haven't guessed by now, this was a black guy and a white girl. The Luas and yer man went off, and one of the guys on the platform was calling the Guards.

Just thought I'd mention this as a weird coincidence. Luas Racist are you on this thread?

Anyway, I'm not drawing a parallel between Courtown and this fairly mundane aggression (although mundane isn't fair on the young couple either.) this kind of stuff has been happening for centuries, and it's what happens when society allows males of other ethnicities to be regarded as subhuman or primitive sexual predators.

Teen we walked up towards the canal and saw Mannix Flynn gesticulating to someone at a building site. It was a strange old evening.

You dont know the full context of that situation. Perhaps the English guy saw that the other guy was up to something that no one else noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Which men are being questioned?

Some articles mention the prime suspects are being questioned in Kilkenny as well as their familys. Its in an article linked very recently in thread. Cannot link it at the moment myself

Some articles mention the prime suspects are being questioned in Kilkenny as well as their familys. Its in an article linked very recently in thread. Cannot link it at the moment myself

I can only find reports of the suspects family being questioned. No mention of the suspects being questioned yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,779 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    I live not too far from courtown and I can tell you alot of local people wouldn't go down there on their own at night. It's a wooded forest area with a river on one side and the sea the other. Theres no lighting and only last week the district council were bringing forward a motion to block access to cars down there due to anti social behaviour. Its terrible what happened to those children and hopefully the perps will be caught sooner rather than later. Hopefully with time they will get over it but it's been a dodgy area for years.

Where is this place? Waterford?

Sorry Geography not my strongest

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is this place? Waterford?

Sorry Geography not my strongest

North east wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 86,779 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

vicwatson wrote: »
    North east wexford

By Gorey?

Are the scum who did it also minors?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Yes by gorey

I can only find reports of the suspects family being questioned. No mention of the suspects being questioned yet.

Yep I had a look and cant find anything. I probably read it wrong. Apologies. Well, it wont be long before they are questioned I would imagine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

So the Gardai know the perpetrators' families in Dublin or Kilkenny, based on CCTV and statements in Courtstown?

Eh? Something not adding up

So the Gardai know the perpetrators' families in Dublin or Kilkenny, based on CCTV and statements in Courtstown?

We're not sure how they know. Perhaps the girls got the info from talking to the lads before the attack happened?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It's almost as if the Gardai haven't released all of the information while investigations are ongoing.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Graham wrote: »
    It's almost as if the Gardai haven't released all of the information while investigations are ongoing.

This.

These are children we are dealing with. Investigations of this kind against children are always more sensitive.

I honestly don’t understand why people (they would refer to others as a ‘mob’ in other situations) feel the need to know everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Help!!!! wrote: »
    So if theres a Pakistani gang going around the South East (which there was) trying to take drunk girls out of pubs/clubs or off the street do you tell your daughter/sister/mother to be careful of Pakistani men just in case? Yes I know all men can rape but surely telling them the origin of the men would help

Sorry as only saw your message now. The problem with that is if you specifically say only 1 group then they might take there eye off other groups. As you say any one can rape yes you can say there is talks of x or y group but I take the this is how to be careful of everyone approach.

Why.?.

Awful writing, extreme knee-jerking, bizarre conclusions, awful writing, awful writing and, oh yeah, awful writing.

You dont know the full context of that situation. Perhaps the English guy saw that the other guy was up to something that no one else noticed

Yeah, let's assume the angry old man is right and not the two frightened-looking mixed race teens glaring back at him from inside.

It's just an example that happened to coincide with this thread. Maybe it happens more than we notice. There clearly is some bizarre confirmation bias happening where every rape or assault involving ethnic minorities originally from the Middle East and Africa is reported far more prominently than any others.

Bit like the Stranger Danger effect.

The two young people looked a mixture of mortified and quite afraid. If you haven't guessed by now, this was a black guy and a white girl.

Sorry now, but just 2 questions on that post:

1. How in fck would I guess that this was the situation based on your opening post and eh

2. Remind me just how fckin related is that post to the topic of this thread? Because I don’t have a clue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sorry now, but just 2 questions on that post:

1. How in fck would I guess that this was the situation based on your opening post and eh

2. Remind me just how fckin related is that post to the topic of this thread? Because I don’t have a clue :)

sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

images-1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement