Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assaults in Courtown - see OP for mod warning - updated 01/08/19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Yeah, let's assume the angry old man is right and not the two frightened-looking mixed race teens glaring back at him from inside.

I never said assume anyone is right, your the one assuming he is wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Graham wrote: »
    It's almost as if the Gardai haven't released all of the information while investigations are ongoing.

Surely if the Gardaí knew anything, Boards posters would be the first to be informed.

I just got off a Luas in Harcourt about 30 minutes ago, and some middle-aged, dishevelled lout with a British accent was standing on the platform, banging and shouting on the windows of the (still-stationery) Luas.

Beasty wrote:
    Off-topic posts removed

Obviously not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Tyrant what the hell has your luas story got to do with this thread ???

Wtf like!!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This strikes me as a really odd sentence in the above - what teenagers have a "base"

"gardaí are looking for five juvenile male suspects whose normal base is in the Kilkenny area but locations in Waterford have also been visited"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

naughtb4 wrote: »
    This strikes me as a really odd sentence in the above - what teenagers have a "base"

"gardaí are looking for five juvenile male suspects whose normal base is in the Kilkenny area but locations in Waterford have also been visited"

Our traveling friends

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

"However there are fears that the individuals involved are being shielded by more senior adults or that they may in fact have already left the jurisdiction.

Sources revealed last night that both the alleged victims and the alleged attackers were in the seaside village on holidays.

The three girls are understood to originally be from Dublin while the five teenage boys are normally based in the Kilkenny area."

“Normally based” in Kilkenny is odd language.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

“Normally based” in Kilkenny is odd language.
    Definitely hinting at something there alright without screaming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

The language being used is a bit peculiar all right, but as all Boards sleuths know, the Gardai would have a bit more information...

There is zero deterrent for scumbags to commit crimes like this..

https://dublingazette.com/news/sallynoggin-man-receives-fully-suspended-sentence-for-sexual-assault-46531/

"Sallynoggin man Kessy Ferraz" lol

Another degenerate coming from a backward country to asault Irish women.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Regardless of our differences on this thread

I think we all agree that when serious crime occurs

the guards should give detailed descriptions of the suspects ASAP

with as much detail as possible so that they can be apprehended.

Certainly no PC millennial or woke media attitudes should frustrate/deny the correct info going to the public.

No I don’t agree with that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    There is zero deterrent for scumbags to commit crimes like this..

https://dublingazette.com/news/sallynoggin-man-receives-fully-suspended-sentence-for-sexual-assault-46531/

"Sallynoggin man Kessy Ferraz" lol

Another degenerate coming from a backward country to asault Irish women.

Anti thank

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

There was no need to issue any descriptions of attackers because the girls were able to tell the Gardai who attacked them because they had been sitting on the beach/in the woods drinking stolen beer with them before the attack took place.
    Those boys would be known to those Gardai and/or the Gardai in Kilkenny and Waterford too.
    By the time the attacks were reported and the Gardai started an investigation it seems probable that the attackers have been bundled off out of the country by extended family.
    Sadly for some posters here there doesn’t appear to be marauding gang of non national sex maniacs involved this time.
    That’s my take on the latest news of this incident anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Sounds like a community of people that the journalist is trying to describe, without actually saying it.

The quote just under yours about being shielded by adults or having left the jurisdiction is a little more enlightening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

splinter65 wrote: »
    There was no need to issue any descriptions of attackers because the girls were able to tell the Gardai who attacked them because they had been sitting on the beach/in the woods drinking stolen beer with them before the attack took place.
    Those boys would be known to those Gardai and/or the Gardai in Kilkenny and Waterford too.
    By the time the attacks were reported and the Gardai started an investigation it seems probable that the attackers have been bundled off out of the country by extended family.
    Sadly for some posters here there doesn’t appear to be marauding gang of non national sex maniacs involved this time.

I had a feeling it was one of two such mentioned groups that had carried out the attack

https://extra.ie/2018/08/19/news/irish-news/gardai-on-high-alert-after-nightclub-gang-targets-drunk-irish-women

Defo a few foreign sex cases active in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

The poor women of Kilkenny as there was this on a Kilkenny gang who travel to Waterford last year

https://extra.ie/2018/08/19/news/irish-news/gardai-on-high-alert-after-nightclub-gang-targets-drunk-irish-women

• Advertisement

No I don’t agree with that at all.

Splinter, youd never make much progress as a guard involved in apprehending suspects without enlisting the public’s help but well done on giving your opinion!!

Splinter, youd never make much progress as a guard involved in apprehending suspects without enlisting the public’s help but well done on giving your opinion!!

Don't be silly. The guards need no help. Sure if they did, they'd have a programme on the national broadcaster looking for help and assistant to solve crimes that they couldn't solv...… oh.

Don't be silly. The guards need no help. Sure if they did, they'd have a programme on the national broadcaster looking for help and assistant to solve crimes that they couldn't solv...… oh.

Splinter will be protesting to get crime line cancelled next

Can’t be having the public assisting the guards now now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Beechwoodspark & Boggles - cut it out. No one cares.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

I could be wrong but I don't think I've ever seen a phtofit description ever put up on the news, maybe on crimeline/crimecall, but never on any news outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

El_Bee wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I don't think I've ever seen a phtofit description ever put up on the news, maybe on crimeline/crimecall, but never on any news outlets.

The only published photofit that springs to mind is 'The Northside Rapist', in the early 90s. A blonde-haired teenager, possibly under 18 because I don't remember him ever being named, who was using the Dart to attack women at various locations near the line.

The only published photofit that springs to mind is 'The Northside Rapist', in the early 90s. A blonde-haired teenager, possibly under 18 because I don't remember him ever being named, who was using the Dart to attack women at various locations near the line.

A recent evo fit of a rapist.

0-evofit.jpg

Every month on crime line there are photofits

Pay closer attention el bee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭tjhook

This thread is amazing. If I'm reading it right, the Gardaí should be looking for black, oriental travellers who avail of Direct Provision.

Just to add to the speculation, I'm guessing one of them has an eyepatch and a red beard.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

You can phone us for free

Greg wheels them out once a month

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement