Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assaults in Courtown - see OP for mod warning - updated 01/08/19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

It doesn't matter who commited the crime. The law in Ireland must be changed. No more suspended sentences for sexual or violent crimes. PERIOD. Be it Irish, Asian, African, travellers or any bloody ethnicity or nationality. Deportation after sentence for non nationals. Simple. No racism involved. Just simply accountability.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

pablo128 wrote: »
    You insinuated it was black taxi drivers without proof.

And now you want me to prove it was travellers. Do you see how it works now?

I can see the pair of yous are going around in circles. Was it travellers or not a simple yes or no answer will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Take it easy, lads. Very easy get the rabble all worked up.

Sheesh, just a bit of a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Its funny how people get banned/posts deleted for speculating it was black people but if its speculation about Irish* people then its fair game.

*no confimation at all who the perpetrators are so its all still speculation

Pissartist wrote: »
    travellers wouldn't do something like this in my opinion,
    it's pretty obvious who would though, and the type of people we all avoid, and the type of people women are already afraid of and who won't get in a cab with them.

Really? An expert on traveller behavior are you?
    What type of people would?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

it's pretty obvious who would though, and the type of people we all avoid, and the type of people women are already afraid of and who won't get in a cab with them.

You dont know the travellers in Kilkenny then. The beat up an old man because he stopped to ask for directions on 'their' road

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Help!!!! wrote: »
    You dont know the travellers in Kilkenny then. The beat up an old man because he stopped to ask for directions on 'their' road

The old man might have been trying to rob them and they were simply sticking up for themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    I can see the pair of yous are going around in circles. Was it travellers or not a simple yes or no answer will do.

We don't know yet. That's the point I was making.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

pablo128 wrote: »
    You insinuated it was black taxi drivers without proof.

And now you want me to prove it was travellers. Do you see how it works now?

I never mentioned black people pablo, where as you have out and out blamed travellers without a shred of proof. you see how it works now ?

The old man might have been trying to rob them and they were simply sticking up for themselves

Turned out he was a judge & now the Gardai have been told to do regular raids on their area.
    If you know Kilkenny you will know theres one area where they are a law unto themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

What road is that?

what does that have to do with raping a minor please explain that to me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

I heard the old man went up to the travellers road to dump some rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Its funny how people get banned/posts deleted for speculating it was black people but if its speculation about Irish* people then its fair game.

*no confimation at all who the perpetrators are so its all still speculation

Can you give us examples of where this has happened?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Turned out he was a judge & now the Gardai have been told to do regular raids on their area.
    If you know Kilkenny you will know theres one area where they are a law unto themselves

They are a law unto themselves nationwide, that is not exclusive to Kilkenny

What road is that?

The area called wetlands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I never mentioned black people pablo, where as you have out and out blamed travellers without a shred of proof. you see how it works now ?

Well if you would like to quote me where I said travellers are responsible for this crime, go right ahead. I simply asked if travellers drive taxi's.;)

Because they have been allowed become a law unto themselves in Kilkenny. They get away with everything that it would not surprise me if it was some of them that did it
    Whoever it was should rot in jail

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Hal3000 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter who commited the crime. The law in Ireland must be changed. No more suspended sentences for sexual or violent crimes. PERIOD. Be it Irish, Asian, African, travellers or any bloody ethnicity or nationality. Deportation after sentence for non nationals. Simple. No racism involved. Just simply accountability.

Very sensible post.
    Nothing remotely racist - yet the usual "liberals" don't seem to be thanking it.

says a lot.

They are the real bigots, they hold certain groups to lesser standards - bigotry of low expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

What are you basing this odd claim on?

• Advertisement

Because they have been allowed become a law unto themselves in Kilkenny. They get away with everything that it would not surprise me if it was some of them that did it
    Whoever it was should rot in jail

bit of a leap there help, it's funny people defending who we all know is more than likely responsible to look pc and enlightened, but then pour bile out over and over on this website against irish travellers, such hypocrisy it's laughable

What does women not getting into taxis with certain drivers have to do with rape if a minor?

bit of a leap there help, it's funny people defending who we all know is more than likely responsible to look pc and enlightened, but then pour bile out over and over on this website against irish travellers, such hypocrisy it's laughable

Whos defending anyone? If its Asian or Africans then they should be held accountable & deported but to say they travellers couldn't do it is silly because you dont know the ones from Kilkenny. They are a different kind of nastiness

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

you can prove it was a traveller ? where is the proof so ?
    I thought you had to have a reliable source before you make direct accusations like that ?

Yet you seem to have proof it was definitely not apparently

bubblypop wrote: »
    What does women not getting into taxis with certain drivers have to do with rape if a minor?

do you not read the news, there is cases ongoing of just this happening

Yet you seem to have proof it was definitely not apparently

where exactly did i say i have proof it wasn't ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Reality check for you.

The journalism pieces on this clearly suggest/imply that the suspects are juveniles from the Travelling community. Conversely there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that the suspects are taxi-drivers, Africans, Asylum Seekers, or non-nationals of any description.

No idea if the suspects are guilty, but gang rape is not unknown in the Travelling community, any more than it’s not unknown in the broader Irish community too.

Whos defending anyone? If its Asian or Africans then they should be held accountable & deported but to say they travellers couldn't do it is silly because you dont know the ones from Kilkenny. They are a different kind of nastiness

where exactly did i say they couldn't do it ?
    Anyone could, i gave my opinion i didn't think they would do it,
    a huge difference there, perhaps trying reading the post before embarrassing yourself

alastair wrote: »
    Reality check for you.

The journalism pieces on this clearly suggest/imply that the suspects are juveniles from the Travelling community. Conversely there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that the suspects are taxi-drivers, Africans, Asylum Seekers, or non-nationals of any description.

No idea if the suspects are guilty, but gang rape is not unknown in the Travelling community, any more than it’s not unknown in the broader Irish community too.

oh right, and you have proof of gang rape in the travelling community then, if it's not unknown ? or is that just a random throw away statement ?

• Advertisement

where exactly did i say they couldn't do it ?
    Anyone could, i gave my opinion i didn't think they would do it,
    a huge difference there, perhaps trying reading the post before embarrassing yourself

No sorry your right, you said 'wouldn't':rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement