Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assaults in Courtown - see OP for mod warning - updated 01/08/19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

so north of the town

Yeah it's north of the town, the reporting is wrong.

It could be vital to tracking down a suspect.

Lucky for you, you don't need to track down a suspect.
    There are professionals out there for that, let them investigate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

We need the following if possible

CCTV images
    Identikit Photos
    Hair color
    Clothes
    Skin tone

As much info as possible is required.

It could be vital to tracking down a suspect.

3 girls get sexually assisted and you guys make jokes? Nice. Keep it classy. I see the usual suspects giving you guys thanks…

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

stesaurus wrote: »
    The whole area was cordoned off Sunday morning with Gardai collecting evidence. Just because they haven't released information doesn't mean they are doing nothing.

I never said thst. I was replying to someone who said they couldn't take descriptions from kids. I'd guess they already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

mad muffin wrote: »
    3 girls get sexually assisted and you guys make jokes? Nice. Keep it classy. I see the usual suspects giving you guys thanks…

Where was the joke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Overheal wrote: »
    Where was the joke?

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

And here you are offended by the thread and that people can see through the sympathy facade and know what the actual point of the thread is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Bit weird that the various news articles aren’t giving descriptions of the perpetrators

It is believed a group of men were responsible for the attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

The Gardai have only said that the allegations are “credible”. It’s possible that nothing happened at all. Why can’t people just wait until there are some established facts.
    While I’m at it, why are young girls wandering around a town they don’t know unsupervised after midnight?

It is believed a group of men were responsible for the attack.

Pitchforks lads, any group of 2 or more men we mob them!

/mob stabs self

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    The Gardai have only said that the allegations are “credible”. It’s possible that nothing happened at all. Why can’t people just wait until there are some established facts.
    While I’m at it, why are young girls wandering around a town they don’t know unsupervised after midnight?

Well according to some posters on the forum, if it's a rightwing controlled township then it should have been perfectly safe.

George Hook asked a similar sort of question regarding young women getting too drunk and he was sacked from his job. Tread carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Beach party of some sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Fann Linn wrote: »
    George Hook asked a similar sort of question regarding young women getting too drunk and he was sacked from his job. Tread carefully.

Do/would you allow your 14/15 year old daughter wander around town at midnight?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So far I've had to delete nearly 20 posts from this thread. If there is even a hint of speculation in a post please do not quote it as we will then have to delete both posts, or indeed a full chain of posts

Again do not respond to this post in-thread

Thanks

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

there a difference between women going out on the town and 14 years out at 12:15am when they should be at home in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

there a difference between women going out on the town and 14 years out at 12:15am when they should be at home in bed.

Not everyone is born to responsible parents, it doesn't make them fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Nope.

So you agree

why are young girls wandering around a town they don’t know unsupervised after midnight?

Is a valid question and nowhere near on par with what GH said?

A 17 year old is still a child and yet you would see so many out.

• Advertisement

strandroad wrote: »
    Not everyone is born to responsible parents, it doesn't make them fair game.
    I was pointing out the difference between adult women and 14 year old girls https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110838684&postcount=9

A 17 year old is still a child and yet you would see so many out.
    we're not talking about 17 year olds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Not all teenagers do as they’re told, there’s no need to victim blame this is a horrific gang rape on children,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I fear for this country to be honest

So you agree

Is a valid question and nowhere near on par with what GH said?

Of course I agree. They shouldn't be out without adult supervision. However the point I made was somepeople will see that as 'victim blaming' for even suggesting that.

we're not talking about 17 year olds

We're talking about children

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

pjohnson wrote: »
    I wonder are Boys A and B from the Kriegel case considered "immigrants" by some. There was no description released for them either after all.....

TBH a lot of descriptions are fairly generic and at night it's possible the girls didn't see anything noteworthy about these men or boys.

Of course I agree. They shouldn't be out without adult supervision. However the point I made was somepeople will see that as 'victim blaming' for even suggesting that.

It's a touchy subject and with good reason. Best leave it be IMHO.

We're talking about children
    we're talking about 14 year olds unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

This thread will be locked soon, multiple posts deleted every time I refresh.
    Good job everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement