Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assaults in Courtown - see OP for mod warning - updated 01/08/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

I would have a bit more respect for people if they came out and said what they are dancing around, if you are going to say it then have the balls to say it.

Theyd get banned if they were to say what they really think.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    Theyd get banned if they were to say what they really think.
    Would you view the banning as justified?

Would you view the banning as justified?

That depends. Would you like posters you perceive to be racist banned?

Give me a look at the stats there chief

I will, yes.
    .pdf available here

https://fra.europa.eu/en/publication/2017/eumidis-ii-main-results
    P. 44
    [Those. With N. African and Sun Saharan backgrounds] are also more likely to experience discrimination on the job, with respondents of Sub-Saharan African background in Luxembourg, Sweden, and Ireland indicating the highest discrimination rates in the 12 months before the survey (21 %, 17 % and 17 %, respectively).

Meanwhile, in terms of overall hate-based harassment, 38% of migrants from sub Saharan backgrounds in Ireland had experienced this.

More here

http://www.thejournal.ie/hate-crime-4105605-Jul2018/

A separate report published in December of last year by the EU Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA) found that 21% of people surveyed from a sub-Saharan African background experienced six or more physical attacks due to their ethnic or immigrant background in the five years preceding the survey

But yeah, let's go back to being irrationally scared of migrants stealing our women and our jobs -- usually said by people who were never going to attract either women or employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

My god, if the perpetrators turn out to be black travelllers this place will explode in joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

My god, if the perpetrators turn out to be black travelllers this place will explode in joy.
    Black Muslim travelers

What has any of this to do with the op?

I guess if a few people aren't allowed to spout prejudices here whenever a crime happens, it'll be a case of their being a victim of lefties' cultural-marxist propaganda conspiracy to suppress the truth. So they let them speak to shut them up. But obviously some of their nonsense has to be countered. But then you're engaging with conspiracy and barely disguised racism, and that's not good either.

Reminds me of the Gemma stuff on twitter. Hard to know whether to even say anything or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Allinall

I guess if a few people aren't allowed to spout prejudices here whenever a crime happens, it'll be a case of their being a victim of lefties' cultural-marxist propaganda conspiracy to suppress the truth. So they let them speak to shut them up. But obviously some of their nonsense has to be countered. But then you're engaging with conspiracy and barely disguised racism, and that's not good either.

Reminds me of the Gemma stuff on twitter. Hard to know whether to even say anything or not.

+1.

On the whole, I think if no one responds, they will go around in a circle and eventually get bored.

It's impossible to argue with bigoted and racist idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Nope - do not start with the racial IQ profiling cr*p. Posts deleted.

Stick to the topic please.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Meanwhile Ireland has alarmingly high levels of hate-based harassment against immigrants and people descended from the sub-Sahara - some of the highest in the EU. Now that's something we rarely see in the media.

That black people are shamefully subject to racist abuse in this country doesn't seem an argument that information that could helpfully lead to the capture of rapists should be withheld from publication. I think racists are going to be racists irrespective.

• Advertisement

Yes it feels pointless alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What's the situation with minors being extradited from a country that Ireland has an extradition agreement with?
    Can it be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

tuxy wrote: »
    What's the situation with minors being extradited from a country that Ireland has an extradition agreement with?
    Can it be done?

Assuming they’re in the EU - a European Arrest Warrant is issued and they get sent back here. No difference for juveniles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Black Muslim travelers

Black Muslim Travellers on the Dole.

Bingo!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Anyhow, I wonder how the girls are doing?
    Hope they get the right help and support and justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

In the grand old Irish tradition, you are so far behind the times its laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Black Muslim Travellers on the Dole.

Simultaneously stealing all the jobs while being on the dole because they're too lazy to work and are handed everything. It's brilliant.

Travellers confirmed, halting site raided this morning.

Source : 96fm Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

How do you feel about that, Anto? A bit disappointed, or do you hate the travellers too?

How do you feel about that, Anto? A bit disappointed, or do you hate the travellers too?

I'm sure they will console themselves with traveler hatred instead.

• Advertisement

Why would i be disappointed?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Low level posting removed - up the standard and try to remember that the original topic involves sexual attacks on 3 girls. Have some bloody decency.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

It’ll be interesting to see if Pavee Point have anything to say about this. I don’t expect they will.
    I’m a little bit involved with the Cabragh Bridge saga (never ending) here in Thurles and the only day they showed up was the day Peter Casey brought the tv cameras.
    They were front and centre that day but they haven’t had one thing to do with it ever since, despite the case being in the High Court three times this month.
    I honestly can’t see the point in us funding Pavee Point if there’s absolutely nothing they can do in these situations .

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is nothing on their website, nor on any other site I find, to say it was travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pissartist wrote: »
    because it wasn't, simple as that. This is just deflection from the real perps
    There is nothing to to say it wasn't either.

Don't jump to conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

biko wrote: »
    There is nothing on their website, nor on any other site I find, to say it was travellers.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

He was claiming yesterday they were teenage Asians.

They'll be Martians later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I don't think anyone would claim it was reported on a radio station unless they were 100% sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I say let them post what they want. It achieves two things:

1) they can’t whinge about being silenced

2) people can refute their points

biko wrote: »

Listen from 36 minutes in.

https://www.96fm.ie/on-air/shows/the-opinion-line/listen-back/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

OK so now that it seems to be Travellers, does that make the crime more or less serious than if it had been immigrants? Or is it now more or less serious than if it had been white sixth-generation Irish who did it?

Or is the crime equally serious no matter who carried it out?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement