Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assaults in Courtown - see OP for mod warning - updated 01/08/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Once it was clarified who did it the people who were right didn't need to post anymore, and the people who were wrong just dropped the whole thing.
    Now we wait for their capture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

biko wrote: »
    Once it was clarified who did it the people who were right didn't need to post anymore, and the people who were wrong just dropped the whole thing.
    Now we wait for their capture.

Who clarified it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You're just going to have to read the thread to find out the info on the perps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

It's still speculation.. The entirety of what we actually know is that they're minors.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Off topic posts removed. Stick to the thread topic please

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

eagle eye wrote: »
    No it's got nothing thing to do with whether somebody is anti-immigration or not.
    Nobody has any information so both the liberal Nazis who are always in to protect the perpetrators, unless they are white heterosexual males, and the unintelligent social media followers have grown tired of it.

I've never seen anyone try protecting the perps in these threads. Has there been anyone doing it in this one? It seems that both offenders and victims are juveniles in this case so it's unlikely any info on either will be released going forward.

So rumours on thread that it's forigners = lies

Rumours on thread that it's Irish travelers= correct

You just agree with what you want it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Is it not 'racist' to accuse Travelers of any wrong doing? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

its more then a rumour it was reported by a journalist working for a national newspaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

its more then a rumour it was reported by journalist working for a national newspaper

Which journalist?

• Advertisement

its more then a rumour it was reported by journalist working for a national newspaper

Which newspaper? Can you share a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Really? even when the Gardai haven't released a description?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Which newspaper? Can you share a link?
    The link is two pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Damien360 wrote: »
    I understand your concern Dudara but this from the sun changes the discussion quite a bit. Culture aside, if you choose to identify as a traveller then you cannot complain when someone calls you a traveller

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4399647/traveller-gangs-revenge-rape-courtown-wexford

The link!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Still nothing concrete, looks like the authorities want this to blow over. Lots of rumors going around and not about travellers.
    I find it very strange indeed that subtle hints are presented that it's members of the travelling community... Why not come out and say it then? Why the sly hints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Still nothing concrete, looks like the authorities want this to blow over. Lots of rumors going around and not about travellers.
    I find it very strange indeed that subtle hints are presented that it's members of the travelling community... Why not come out and say it then? Why the sly hints?

I wouldnt be surprised at all if the real perps were being protected

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If they are under 18 they have to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'd say its the victims being protected. <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Reminder:

This is an active Garda investigation, involving minors on both sides.

Please refrain from speculation on the identity of both the victims and the perpetrators.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Why cant people see this like the Ana Kreigel murder case? Minors so zero information was released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

More then likely to do with juveniles. Also since they know who it is why would they be releasing any info. Tell me the last time there was a terrible assault where the gardai knew anything they mentioned anything. Also they could be protecting the victim or have you forgotten about them.

Also they could be protecting the victim or have you forgotten about them.

Im only worried about protecting my own family

Im only worried about protecting my own family

Then you should be telling them to be vigilante anytime and every time and not just pick 1 group

Then you should be telling them to be vigilante anytime and every time and not just pick 1 group

What do you mean? My whole point is that I do not know what group they are from... If it was a white Irish person sans minority group you can bet your house the guards would have no hassle letting us know

What do you mean? My whole point is that I do not know what group they are from... If it was a white Irish person sans minority group you can bet your house the guards would have no hassle letting us know

Gardai never give out the nationality of suspects or offenders. Because it's immaterial.
    This is a sexual crime, involving minors, the Information will not be given to the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

In the case of the victim, no you wouldn't. Also what does the nationality or ethnicity of a victim matter? :confused: And in the case of a perpetrator, no information is revealed if they're a minor. This is all standard practice.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Why cant people see this like the Ana Kreigel murder case? Minors so zero information was released

Because it doesn't suit people who want to know what colour skin the attackers have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

batgoat wrote: »
    In the case of the victim, no you wouldn't. Also what does the nationality or ethnicity of a victim matter? :confused: And in the case of a perpetrator, no information is revealed if they're a minor. This is all standard practice.

Could you imagine the **** show if it did happen, look at what happened with the Ana Kriegel case where a teenager was falsely identified.

For all the talk of protecting family members you would not like vigilante justice brought upon any family member unjustifiably.

We either believe in the rule of law or we don't, i dont think there is really any inbetween.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No chance you'll get to know if they are under 18.

• Advertisement

That is my point when telling your family to be careful as I do I do not pick a group I say be careful and vigilant not you know what those kerry boys did a bad thing today be careful of them. Also as it is a sexual case rape case very rarely unless the person is 2 well known well you get any description of the person especially if they know who they are looking for. This question has been asked numerous time and to my knowledge never been answered. Tell me the last case such as this a full description of the perp.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement