Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assaults in Courtown - see OP for mod warning - updated 01/08/19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Seems to be gone very quiet this story?

Have the Guards made an arrest yet?

Would descriptions of the suspects and a public appeal help?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Seems to be gone very quiet this story?

Have the Guards made an arrest yet?

Would descriptions of the suspects and a public appeal help?

It’s pretty much established that the suspects have disappeared to the UK where it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack and they’ll be moved from halting site to halting site for a while to throw off the scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

splinter65 wrote: »
    It’s pretty much established that the suspects have disappeared to the UK where it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack and they’ll be moved from halting site to halting site for a while to throw off the scent.

Yeah if only they had different colored skin right, stick right out in a crowd :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Overheal wrote: »
    Yeah if only they had different colored skin right, stick right out in a crowd :rolleyes:

Not in the UK they would.. 😜

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Not in the UK they would.. 😜

Ah thinks for raising another excellent point: if black Englishmen immigrated in droves to Ireland you’d never be able to tell them apart from the Nigerians :D gosh how would you ever know which skulls to bash in? Hard life being a racist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

They don't need to stick out if there's DNA evidence. They need to keep their noses clean for the rest of their days, which is unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Adrift

I actually find the anti racists to be more nauseating than actual racists. That comment about black Black English people and Nigerians is case in point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Why the hell are we still on about colour?? The perpetrators have already been identified as not being brown or black??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Why the hell are we still on about colour?? The perpetrators have already been identified as not being brown or black??

Pinky in fairness u don’t know that ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Pinky in fairness u don’t know that ??

Yes I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Yes I do.

Proof? Evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

Ah thinks for raising another excellent point: if black Englishmen immigrated in droves to Ireland you’d never be able to tell them apart from the Nigerians :D gosh how would you ever know which skulls to bash in? Hard life being a racist.

Any wonder you moderate the conspiracy theories forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You got a link to this?? I haven't heard anything about this attack in weeks, let alone a description of the attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭Damien360

You got a link to this?? I haven't heard anything about this attack in weeks, let alone a description of the attackers.

Posted previously in this thread

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4399647/traveller-gangs-revenge-rape-courtown-wexford/amp[url][/url]

Homer wrote: »
    Any wonder you moderate the conspiracy theories forum.

What exactly does one have to do with the other?

Any wonder you’re not a mod, then?

I don’t get whatever sassy point you’ve tried to make here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭enricoh

Must be even harder shouting racist at everyone online, n no one passing any heed. ah well, yer doing great work, keep her lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Four teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of rape
    https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2019/1003/1080823-courtown-wexford/

There’ll be no interest in this now that it’s been established that they’re irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

There’ll be no interest in this now that it’s been established that they’re irish.

How do you know they are Irish?

• Advertisement

im pretty sure ppl speculated they were Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭Damien360

It was reported both victims and accused were Irish travellers. It’s in this thread with a link from the paper that reported it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So not Africans from the DP center?

That's a dozen cases of blue balls right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

excellent news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

The interest will wain due to the fact we are bombarded with traveller criminality in the news, not because they are Irish.

The Gardaí said they are travellers at the time. There’s links to this in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The Gardaí said they are travellers at the time. There’s links to this in the thread.
    the kk thing is a diversion from what I’ve heard from local contacts

Some "knew" differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I can't help but feel the statement earlier in this thread that they way this story was reported was odd has been vindicated by the current reporting that the suspects are travellers. I know the hear no evil types might disagree, but that's my read of this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

boombang wrote: »
    I can't help but feel the statement earlier in this thread that they way this story was reported was odd has been vindicated by the current reporting that the suspects are travellers. I know the hear no evil types might disagree, but that's my read of this one.

Indeed. I am the OP, and it was the original reporting of the event that led me to believe that there was a culturally sensitive element to the event. It was closed that the reporting was restricted due to the people involved being juveniles. But I think we could all see that the facts were being held back due to other issues.

Grabbing is an unwelcome aspect of traveller culture. Hard to even discuss it though. Delighted that the Garda followed through with this and are on the way to securing convictions.

• Advertisement

Dante7 wrote: »
    Indeed. I am the OP, and it was the original reporting of the event that led me to believe that there was a culturally sensitive element to the event. It was closed that the reporting was restricted due to the people involved being juveniles. But I think we could all see that the facts were being held back due to other issues.

Grabbing is an unwelcome aspect of traveller culture. Hard to even discuss it though. Delighted that the Garda followed through with this and are on the way to securing convictions.

This wasn’t “grabbing”. Modern “grabbing” is now pre arranged between the young people and involves a perfectly willing girl being grabbed by the object of her desire, usually at a family wedding, then screaming that her honour has been violated. Her father then appears on the scene, fetched by her brothers, and the violater agrees to put things right by marrying her.
    This incident was rape. A totally different scene.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement