Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assaults in Courtown - see OP for mod warning - updated 01/08/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

splinter65 wrote: »
    This wasn’t “grabbing”. Modern “grabbing” is now pre arranged between the young people and involves a perfectly willing girl being grabbed by the object of her desire, usually at a family wedding, then screaming that her honour has been violated. Her father then appears on the scene, fetched by her brothers, and the violater agrees to put things right by marrying her.
    This incident was rape. A totally different scene.

Wow i didnt think my opinion of their culture could drop even further!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

This wasn’t “grabbing”. Modern “grabbing” is now pre arranged between the young people and involves a perfectly willing girl being grabbed by the object of her desire, usually at a family wedding, then screaming that her honour has been violated. Her father then appears on the scene, fetched by her brothers, and the violater agrees to put things right by marrying her.
    This incident was rape. A totally different scene.

Am I correct in assuming you are describing ritualised 'sexual assault'? That's some level of bs and yet we are expected to respect this as part of a defined culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭satguy

I'm really sorry to see that the Traveller Community are adding sexual abuse to their long list of miss deeds.

Arbour Hill Prison was the last prison in Ireland that was not accommodating disproportionate numbers of that culture.
    Looks like it will now fall in line with all our other prisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Sexual assault has always been a problem in the travelling community but its seen as part of life, one of those things you have to deal with when you're a woman. A bit like domestic violence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭HailSatan

Am I correct in assuming you are describing ritualised 'sexual assault'? That's some level of bs and yet we are expected to respect this as part of a defined culture.

kenny_indo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Where do you see the sexual assault here?I’m interested. The boy and the girl pre arrange the “grab”. The grab takes place. Boy and girl are now engaged. That was the mutual objective of the plan. Can you identify the point at which either of them were sexually assaulted?!?

Where do you see the sexual assault here?I’m interested. The boy and the girl pre arrange the “grab”. The grab takes place. Boy and girl are now engaged. That was the mutual objective of the plan. Can you identify the point at which either of them were sexually assaulted?!?

So it's a false claim of sexual assault?

I read an article in the Indo where a traveller girl described 'grabbing' as assault. It's not their purses or jewerly the lads are interested in. Assault particularly sexual assault whether real or pretend is nothing to be celebrated or emulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Four teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of rape
    https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2019/1003/1080823-courtown-wexford/

Only 1 scumbag rapist is 18, the others minors :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Only 1 scumbag rapist is 18, the others minors :eek:

alleged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

alleged

Alleged with good reason.

HailSatan wrote: »
    So it's a false claim of sexual assault?

What is?

What is?

Indeed.

What is it that they get so excited about?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

randd1 wrote: »
    Alleged with good reason.

Why would anyone lie about rape, maybe I'm naive but if it's a lie those girls then should be prosecuted

I assume the victim(s) were examined and sufficient evidence for the DPP to bring a case

Splinter65 is accusing traveller girls of false accusations here if I'm reading his posts correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

On the radio; all released without charge.

Splinter65 is accusing traveller girls of false accusations here if I'm reading his posts correctly.

No your not reading my posts correctly. Quote my post where I accused a traveller girl of making a false accusation. Or apologise. Thanks

No your not reading my posts correctly. Quote my post where I accused a traveller girl of making a false accusation. Or apologise. Thanks

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

Now how will she get out of that one?

You're welcome.

You’re either stupid or your pretending to be stupid so that you can be seen to be right.
    Let’s see now which it is.
    Ok.
    I arrange an experiment with my friend.
    We are researching if strangers will come to my aid if I’m in distress.
    I’m walking on a busy street and I ask my friend to run past and snatch my iPhone out of my hand and continue to run and I’ll scream and collapse to the street etc..
    Do you think that I have been mugged?

• Advertisement

Now how will she get out of that one?

See below.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

Overheal wrote: »
    Perhaps they feel the description would send the mob after the wrong sort of people.

Oh **** did I spoil the dogwhistle of this thread. **** I’m sorry lads.

This is very odd considering they give descriptions of criminals all the time.

You’re either stupid or your pretending to be stupid so that you can be seen to be right.

Was there a violation of the "grabbed" girl's honour?

Was there a violation of the "grabbed" girl's honour?

If you can’t answer the question I asked you then the answer is “I don’t know”.
    In the scenario I gave you, was I mugged or not?
    Last chance for you to answer either yes or no,

If you can’t answer the question I asked you then the answer is “I don’t know”.,

Don't you hashtag believe her?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Ok.
    I’m walking on a busy street and I ask my friend to run past and snatch my iPhone out of my hand and continue to run and I’ll scream and collapse to the street etc..

If you are screaming about being mugged and passers-by believe you have been mugged, even though you and your 'mugger' friend know you have not actually been mugged, that's a false claim of mugging, surely. You are claiming something happened to you which did not happen to you, and which you know did not happen to you.

Similarly, if the girl is screaming about her honour being violated and others believe that, because the whole point of the plan is to trick the girl's father and brothers to believe it and then trick them into forcing the guy to marry the girl (even if the guy himself is in on the plan), it's still a false claim of assault, surely.

Ok.

Oh dear.

Yes, people would think you have been mugged. Purely because you have acted like, and claim to have been mugged. You haven't though. That's why it is a FALSE accusation.

Dig up.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

This will no doubt start a feud in the south east region, to go with the feuds in the north east and midlands.

The Garda armed response unit has its hands full with these feuds.

But sure its all part of the culture.

See below.

You still haven't extracted yourself from your nonsense. Try again...

• Advertisement

Don't you hashtag believe her?

Good. You’ve admitted you are wrong. I accept your apology. Try to do better in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement