Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assaults in Courtown - see OP for mod warning - updated 01/08/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Just looked at RTE's "news" page. Zero about this :confused:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2019/0730/1066116-wexford-alleged-assaults/ although not on front page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

tuxy wrote: »

Strange not coming up on my browser at all.

There you have it. The rape and sexual assault of young children not on the front page yet this is

https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2019/0730/1066144-seesaw-border-us-mexico/

It's almost like there is an agenda.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The conspiracy theorists are out in force already I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

There you have it. The rape and sexual assault of young children not on the front page yet this is

https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2019/0730/1066144-seesaw-border-us-mexico/

It's almost like there is an agenda.
    this is also on the frontpage https://www.rte.ie/sport/racing/2019/0730/1066149-galway-day-3-selections-coney-island-fancied-for-plate/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

"This is not our community and we've no history of that type of behaviour going on and we certainly don't want it going on into the future."

Lol

Faugheen wrote: »
    The conspiracy theorists are out in force already I see.

There is no conspiracy theory but deflect away from genuine queries all you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

If your first reaction to such a disgusting crime is to gleefully ascribe blame onto whatever group of people you happen to be hating today, then you are a sick f*ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Nothing at all on the RTÉ homepage about this for me on my phone. Yet Love Island, All Together Now and fashion tips for the Galway races are 3 of the top 5 stories. The Sun have only recently updated their website to mention a Leinster based gang so this is an evolving story but the jobs-for-life scroungers at RTÉ are likely to be too afraid to go against any agenda imposed on them even for the public interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

If your first reaction to such a disgusting crime is to gleefully ascribe blame onto whatever group of people you happen to be hating today, then you are a sick f*ck.

I think people are more concerned that we cannot have a desription of the perpetrators

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Really odd how this is being reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Yes the group of people I'm hating today are the people who committed this sick act

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Really odd how this is being reported.

What's so odd about it compared to other times stuff like this is reported?

I am not sure what people are mad about could be do the removed threads.

Is there a fear it's something like cases in Sweden and Germany ? Or people just annoyed a clear description isn't given ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

You know its possible to feel sympathy for the victims and still question the details, likewise its possible to want to know who perpetrated a crime, not to target some group but to know what kind of scum was involved.
    This thread is 2 groups talking out of the one arse.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Calhoun wrote: »

Is there a fear it's something like cases in Sweden and Germany ? Or people just annoyed a clear description isn't given ?

People are speculating over perpetrators. A number have had their access to this forum removed for a short period as TBH their continued ignoring of my in-thread warnings meant I was unable to trust them not to continue with their tirades overnight

Beasty wrote: »
    People are speculating over perpetrators. A number have had their access to this forum removed for a short period as TBH their continued ignoring of my in-thread warnings meant I was unable to trust them not to continue with their tirades overnight

We seem to have learnt nothing from the pitch forks around the time of Ana Kriegel and the innocent teenager identified..

Thank you for clarifying, as so.muxh anger was hard to understand at what .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Hal3000 wrote: »

What does the "gardai are hunting the gang" part mean? Looks like their identities are known so why do they need to be hunted rather than brought in for questioning, are they in hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

What's a word which describes a view that commits the sin it ostensibly advocates against?

Hypocrite seems too broad a definition to explain this pervasive phenomenon.

Double-think is close, but it doesn't role off the tongue the way I like. Also, it implies a lack of agency on the perpetrators behalf.

If someone can help me out here, I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Young girls gang raped and the Guards can't even give a description?

This is Swedish tier degeneracy.

At this point, the Gardaí will know full fcuking well the descriptions of the attackers.

They are not being released for "operational reasons" which basically means somebody will get lynched if they do release names or faces.

Calhoun wrote: »

Well for a start let's say you are sitting in a holiday home tent etc.. in Wexford right now and have a young teenage child and they are sitting around outside shooting the breeze like kids that age do with other kids im sure as a parent you'd like to have an even vague description of the sick monsters who did this instead but no our nations state media company prefers to go with horse racing/love island etc... and completely ignore the story.

I'm sorry that's not good enough.

Okay so RTE's "reporters" are mouth pieces for the state but at least put the story on the front page so parents can see it and be aware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

At this point, the Gardaí will know full fcuking well the descriptions of the attackers.

They are not being released for "operational reasons" which basically means somebody will get lynched if they do release names or faces.

By not giving out a description a mob might round on potentially innocent people. A description should have went out long ago regardless of race or etnicity. Put protecting our children first for once over all this PC bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭creeper1

Well I just hope that the guilty parties are found and (if possible) castrated as a means of prevention in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Hobosan wrote: »
    What's a word which describes a view that commits the sin it ostensibly advocates against?

Hypocrite seems too broad a definition to explain this pervasive phenomenon.

Double-think is close, but it doesn't role off the tongue the way I like.

If someone can help me out here, I'd appreciate it.

schadenfreude?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

There's a sense of irony off your post...whiff

Well for a start let's say you are sitting in a holiday home tent etc.. in Wexford right now and have a young teenage child and they are sitting around outside shooting the breeze like kids that age do with other kids im sure as a parent you'd like to have an even vague description of the sick monsters who did this instead but no our nations state media company prefers to go with horse racing/love island etc... and completely ignore the story.

I'm sorry that's not good enough.

Okay so RTE's "reporters" are mouth pieces for the state but at least put the story on the front page so parents can see it and be aware.

Generally I find RTE is always the safe option, they are reluctant to pull the trigger first. They also are crap when it comes to the website.

For the most part I look at other websites for new rarely even think of RTE.

strandroad wrote: »
    What does the "gardai are hunting the gang" part mean? Looks like their identities are known so why do they need to be hunted rather than brought in for questioning, are they in hiding?

Words like 'hunting' and 'gang' are Sun-speak for 'investigating' and 'the alleged perpetrators', respectively. You sort of have to trust that the Gardai - based on their past experience of dealing with such crimes - are doing everything they can, just as they did in the case of Ana Kriegel's murder - and if they are 'hiding' anything at this point, it's for justifiable reasons.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Just remember that these are children that we are dealing with.

If you even give an inch of a description that could be close to a relative of these girls then it opens up a lot of potential legal issues.

There's no conspiracy or oddness here folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I have never seen such badly written pieces on both sites linked above.

How many times can you say allegedly and reported in 3 paragraphs ?

A lot it would seem.

It also appears that the guards know who they are looking for. If they didn't release even a brief description, then they may have them in for questioning already. To do otherwise could put others in danger.

nthclare wrote: »
    There's a sense of irony off your post...whiff

And there's a sense of "I know you are, but what am I?" off yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭Augme

Guards will only realesea last resort or in case of immediate emergencies. There is zero benefit to realising a description at this stage and doing so be a terrible idea. Chances are the guards know who they are looking for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement