Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assaults in Courtown - see OP for mod warning - updated 01/08/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

antix80 wrote: »
    I don't want anything from you or these case.

Why did you ask me so?
    even you, Boggles, have a history of putting a hyphen on the F word to circumvent boards.ie censoring of bad language.

Yeah, that's me Bad to the Bone. :cool:
    I don't know what annoys me more..rush to defend rapists just because they might be foreign.

Pretty weird you being annoyed by something that no one is doing on here.

Must be exhausting actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

The pakistani pedos an nigerian scammers (for example) are often not known to gardai.

That being said, they'd feel like Christmas came early if white men were the perpetrators. I'd say they'd go out on the piss tonight and take the rest of the week off work.

Nah, his mates already did it earlier in the thread. It's just mudslinging.. calling someone racist to disparage them.

I may venture to call you a racist on that first post i have quoted. It does seem that you are more preoccupied by the offenders nationality than how the victims are.

That's just how it appears to me.

Apologies if i have misinterpreted your postings somehow. :confused::confused:

I do feel like it is you who would be delighted if the criminals were not from Eire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Pissartist wrote: »
    i've heard in a few places, there is links to articles on this thread aswell

Okay I have not seen those articles. Rape is terrible and need to be tackled with harsher sentences. What it should not be used for is he here look all x from sucha place or x from such a religion are all criminals or as evidence for migration

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Maybe wearing clothing that covers them head to toe might be a start, that & only leaving the house with a chaperone

I'd avoid the chaperone, most victims know their assailant, far too risky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

right now this is the 24th news story on rte.ie

behind stories about a robot waitress and a wombat being shot in australia

You can bet every last cent you've ever earned if this was working class Black/Muslim/Indian girls and RTE had a wiff they'd been raped and sexually assaulted by a group of white lads from Donnybrook this would be leading the news for the last few day.

RTE seen fit yesterday to have a story about a see saw on the US Mexican border as their lead story for a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Hoboo wrote: »
    I'd avoid the chaperone, most victims know their assailant, far too risky.

Not being allowed to drive would be good too, it would also take the dangers off the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

El_Bee wrote: »
    I didn't know people still went on holiday to Courtown, place has been a ****hole for some time now. More importantly, parents who's attitudes are "sure we're on holiday they can stay out late" are putting their children in danger, it's as careless and stupid as not making them put on seatbelts in a car. nothing good happens after 12am, especially for underage children.

Ladies and gentlemen Mr George Hook.

Are you for real? The girls should be allowed sit outside until 5am if they see fit without fear of been raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Are you for real? The girls should be allowed sit outside until 5am if they see fit without fear of been raped.

if you think letting children out till 5am is a good idea then I pray you never have children.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

They should indeed. Unfortunately there are bad people from whom they need protection. That's reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Okay I have not seen those articles. Rape is terrible and need to be tackled with harsher sentences. What it should not be used for is he here look all x from sucha place or x from such a religion are all criminals or as evidence for migration

it 100% does if the cap fits, tell the parents and the children concerned to be pc and not blame the culture and or religion of the person,if i was the father and someone said that to me i would react very, very badly

• Advertisement

El_Bee wrote: »
    if you think letting children out till 5am is a good idea then I pray you never have children.

Teenagers do not always do as they're told,
    any parent will tell you that

I'm well aware of that, but it's not a license to let them put themselves in harms way, if they had been in a car joyriding and it crashed, would you still feel the same way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

So if theres a Pakistani gang going around the South East (which there was) trying to take drunk girls out of pubs/clubs or off the street do you tell your daughter/sister/mother to be careful of Pakistani men just in case? Yes I know all men can rape but surely telling them the origin of the men would help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Of course in an ideal world a 6 year old should be able to get the bus into town and go to the pictures themselves before coming home on the bus again but that’s not reality.
    They weren’t “sitting outside”.
    They were young teenaged girls who had gathered with a larger mixed crowd in a remote wooded unlit area outside the town that has garnered attention recently in the local authority for attracting anti social behavior.
    Local knowledge has it that they were in the company of the alleged attackers.
    There’s a big difference between that and “sitting outside” the mobile chatting with pals on holidays till late.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

No they don’t and as a result they sometimes get into trouble and die in stolen cars and of drug overdoses etc.
    That’s why they have parents to come down heavy on them. That’s your job if your a parent. You don’t get to shrug your shoulders and say “well she wouldn’t listen to me”.

splinter65 wrote: »
    No they don’t and as a result they sometimes get into trouble and die in stolen cars and of drug overdoses etc.
    That’s why they have parents to come down heavy on them. That’s your job if your a parent. You don’t get to shrug your shoulders and say “well she wouldn’t listen to me”.

this response is just shocking, but continue to shield the RAPISTS with this ridiculous point scoring argument over victim blaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I got sucked into a mudsling by known left-wing posters on boards.ie. I decided to look through the thread to see how it ended up being such a ****-show. I know it's already been heavily pruned, but here are some turning points.

First mudsling:
    Overheal wrote: »
    Oh **** did I spoil the dogwhistle of this thread. **** I’m sorry lads.

First mention of race:
    NKante wrote: »
    Just as likely to be some ginger pale face.

First virtue-signaller:
    steddyeddy wrote: »
    Have a look at how few actually expressed sympathy for the victim.

First criticisms of the other side of a political divide:
    Overheal wrote: »
    Well according to some posters on the forum, if it's a rightwing controlled township then it should have been perfectly safe.

First "left wing agenda" post:
    It's almost like there is an agenda.

First leftist extremist using shaming language to silence critics:
    If your first reaction to such a disgusting crime is to gleefully ascribe blame onto whatever group of people you happen to be hating today, then you are a sick f*ck.

"Yer Da sells Avon" seems to be the scouter ant who released pheromones to attract the militant left to this thread.

And such, all civility ceases, replaced by crude language and sarcastic smileys :confused::rolleyes:

I'm out!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

splinter65 wrote: »

The problem is parents are trying to be their teenagers pals these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Yes Rape & sexual assault has been on the rise in Ireland but its just part and parcel of living in the modern world. Women will just have to be more careful :(

In Ireland it's more likely to be due to more reporting as we have a fairly poor record of sex crimes being reported and properly recorded.

It has happened in Ireland as you well know so maybe that's why ordinary decent people don't want that type of cover up again and are hyper sensitive to any hiding of facts.

Let's call a spade a spade here, many people are worried me included that we don't end up with a Rotherham/Cologne style approach to the reporting of sex crimes here. Yes i understand the need to not pour fuel on the fire of rumours of who did this but at the same time people have genuine concerns about the influx of people from cultures that don't respect our culture and way of living.

Calling people racist every time they air those concerns isn't helpful.

I guess the issue is where you choose to raise those concerns. This thread is about three girls who were sexually assaulted. There is no indication this had anything to do with immigrants so why are these concerns about immigrants being raised here? That's where the racism comes in.

this response is just shocking, but continue to shield the RAPISTS with this ridiculous point scoring argument over victim blaming.

no one is blaming the victims, you're deliberately misconstruing what's being said, or you're skimming posts and not reading them properly.

• Advertisement

I got sucked into a mudsling by known left-wing posters on boards.ie. I decided to look through the thread to see how it ended up being such a ****-show. I know it's already been heavily pruned, but here are some turning points.

First mudsling:

First mention of race:

First virtue-signaller:

"Yer Da sells Avon" seems to be the scouter ant who released pheromones to attract the militant left to this thread.

And such, all civility ceases, replaced by crude language and sarcastic smileys :confused::rolleyes:

I'm out!
    You're fierce fond of the auld labels, antix.

Best of luck in your future endeavours. :D

it 100% does if the cap fits, tell the parents and the children concerned to be pc and not blame the culture and or religion of the person,if i was the father and someone said that to me i would react very, very badly

If someone I knew I would react badly they were raped and the rapist is brought to justice not there colorvor religion but that is just me. I am the same on all crimes. Of course depotarion after the crime if foreign. Now if I find out the police are covering up crimes or not doing there job because who they are then you will find me front and centre in outrage and protesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Cool your jets, they're not VICTIM BLAMING, rather, while girls should be able to stay out until 5am without being raped, unfortunately there are predators out there ( the ones responsible for the rape), and parents have a duty of care for their kids.
    Not only to actually be there to protect and care for them where possible, but give them tools and acumen that they might better identify dangerous situations for when the parents are no longer present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

You're fierce fond of the auld labels, antix.

Best of luck in your future endeavours. :D

I decided to stop before I announced most insufferable.. whatever. No doubt you'll follow a trail of pheromones to another thread soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

It has happened in Ireland as you well know so maybe that's why ordinary decent people don't want that type of cover up again and are hyper sensitive to any hiding of facts.

Let's call a spade a spade here, many people are worried me included that we don't end up with a Rotherham/Cologne style approach to the reporting of sex crimes here. Yes i understand the need to not pour fuel on the fire of rumours of who did this but at the same time people have genuine concerns about the influx of people from cultures that don't respect our culture and way of living.

Calling people racist every time they air those concerns isn't helpful.

We've had sexual assault cover ups in this country for decades. I.e the Catholic church. The vast minority of these cover ups have been about the native locals. It's completely unjustified to get hysterical about potential minorities being protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

steddyeddy wrote: »
    We've had sexual assault cover ups in this country for decades. I.e the Catholic church. The vast minority of these cover ups have been about the native locals. It's completely unjustified to get hysterical about potential minorities being protected.

All the more reason to be vigilant about this kind of stuff. We've an appalling record on child protection here.

Cool your jets, they're not VICTIM BLAMING, rather, while girls should be able to stay out until 5am without being raped, unfortunately there are predators out there ( the ones responsible for the rape), and parents have a duty of care for their kids.
    Not only to actually be there to protect and care for them where possible, but give them tools and acumen that they might better identify dangerous situations for when the parents are no longer present.

nonsense, open your eyes, splinter and others are blaming the victims parents,
    or parents who are friends with their kids.
    Stupid petty argument to what, score some online masculinity points ?
    It's farcical and if this tragedy ever falls on one of your families, i wonder will you still have the same ignorant opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Is there anything to suggest that this is something to do with refugees or immigrants into the country or are we all just jumping to conclusions?

Is it completely mad to suggest we wait until there is an arrest or something to loose our **** on this?

I decided to stop before I announced most insufferable.. whatever. No doubt you'll follow a trail of pheromones to another thread soon.

There's a waft of something off your posts antix and it ain't pheromones. :D

Ciao.

• Advertisement

First mudsling:

First mention of race:

First virtue-signaller:

I'm out!

You got sucked in ya right give over.

The left or right can not claim moral victories in these threads. It always boils down to skin color or religion or snide remarks of cover ups by either side and the centre issue of a crime a rape in this thread has been committed. As the threads very few on either side really gives a flying you know what about the victim or justice. They just want to get kudos about who the criminal was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement