Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream big, work hard, achieve your goals - My DCM '19 Journey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Superb result E, and looking at Strava a very strong last mile to finish. Himself might give you the training but your the one who’s up most mornings at sunrise putting in the hard work. Wonder will many more join SBP*.........

*skyblueProject.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

That's brilliant E. Delighted for you. Looks like this SBP thing could grow legs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

OOnegative wrote: »
    Superb result E, and looking at Strava a very strong last mile to finish. Himself might give you the training but your the one who’s up most mornings at sunrise putting in the hard work. Wonder will many more join SBP*.........

*skyblueProject.

Nike won't get the contract to develop shoes for his athletes anyways!

Nike won't get the contract to develop shoes for his athletes anyways!

I believe he’s currently in talks with Dunne’s in bringing out a prototype shoe that is affordable to everyone, it’s called the GivesOut100%. First ever shoe with voice that constantly gives out to you while you run!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Superb! Huge well done to you! Hope you enjoyed your well-deserved pink gin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

OOnegative wrote: »
    I believe he’s currently in talks with Dunne’s in bringing out a prototype shoe that is affordable to everyone, it’s called the GivesOut100%. First ever shoe with voice that constantly gives out to you while you run!!

I have a bigger problem than Next% this morning.....too many Guinness 4.3% last night! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Huzzah! wrote: »
    Superb! Huge well done to you! Hope you enjoyed your well-deserved pink gin :)

I did thanks a mill, just the one to celebrate:D

Looks like this SBP has most certainly grown legs indeed :D

Looks like this SBP has most certainly grown legs indeed :D

I’m laying claim to the patent on SBP when he’s in the news in 20 years time like Alberto!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

super race and great progression!

great result.

• Advertisement

super race and great progression!

great result.

Cheers A :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Congratulations Laineyfrecks.

I love this log :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Mahoosive well done E. The result and time that your dedication and training truly deserved. You seemed so in control judging by that report. It's so deserved on another level for the enthusiasm and passion to bring around these parts as well. Hope you're still enjoying the post-race-and-huge-PB buzz today :D

Congratulations Laineyfrecks.

I love this log :o

Thanks a mill:)

ReeReeG wrote: »
    Mahoosive well done E. The result and time that your dedication and training truly deserved. You seemed so in control judging by that report. It's so deserved on another level for the enthusiasm and passion to bring around these parts as well. Hope you're still enjoying the post-race-and-huge-PB buzz today :D

Thanks for the lovely words V (can feel myself blushing!) Thankfully i love running and i am happy it shows :) I was very fortunate to find boards & feel like this is where I started my real running journey, i am also very grateful for all the valuable advice i have been given up till now! Long may it continue & I hope to just keep working hard & running the best i possibly can :D

Tues 3rd Mar - 2m w/u, 5*800m@7.30/40, 1min rec, 2m c/d
    1:02 - 7.17mi - 8:41 min/mi

I was off work so decided to head into the PP for this! It was a nice day for running, much calmer than usual :) There were a lot of garda & roads blocked off which i later found out was because of the royal visit! Overall a very enjoyable session!

Weds 4th Mar - 40mins very easy
    41:20 - 3.96mi - 10:27 min/mi

I ran this on my lunchbreak & again the weather was pretty decent, started feeling a bit excited for my race on Sunday so was in a pretty good mood :D

Thurs 5th Mar - 4miles with 1min hard @ miles 2,3 & 4
    39:11 - 4.03mi - 9:44min/mi

I bought myself a pair of Nike pegasus 36 for 35euro so decided to wear them for this. They felt amazing, a nice little bounce to them so happy with my purchase!

Sat 7th Mar - 2m easy with 5*20sec strides
    23:03 - 2.40mi - 9:37min/mi

The strong breeze had decided to turn up again so found the effort for this a little harder but nothing too bad.
    Feeling quite relaxed & excited for the race despite waking up in a sweat after having a very rare dream(i never usually remember) that halfway through the race i had no watch on or even worse no race number:eek: Needless to say the watch was placed in my bag & the number pinned to my top immediately, which is a 1st for me as I wouldn't exactly be the most organized person in the world ;)

31.9miles for the week and incase anyone has forgotten an 8min PB for a half marathon:D ;)

Tues 10th March - easy miles
    51:41 - 5.18mi - 9:59min/mi

Ran this at lunchtime based only on my heartrate, trying to keep it as easy as possible!

Weds 11th March - more easy miles
    47:30 - 4.71mi - 10:05min/mi

I couldn't do this at lunchtime so left work as early as possible. The heavens opened up & i hoped it would ease before i went out! Nope it was extremely wet & cold but in some way quite invigorating:) Glad not to have the added pressure of keeping to a certain pace!

Thurs 12th March - as above ;)
    33:33 - 3.55mi - 9:27min/mi

Heard the announcement about the schools closing and it made me feel a bit anxious...there was an extremely surreal feeling all around the office so i got my gear & headed out to just run & listen to my music & that's exactly what I did :D

Fri 13th March - easy miles contd...
    33:01 - 3.52mi - 9:23min/mi

Another pleasant lunch run. Weird that usually today would be a day discussed for it's bad luck, well for those superstitious people but nope Corona virus was the only discussion:eek: Kids only off one day & was already getting calls of them killing each other! One quarantined to the sitting room & the other the kitchen...gonna be a long few weeks...

Sat 14th March - TBD when i got to the park!
    1:23 - 9.05mi - 9:15min/mi

Headed into the PP to meet S for this run. Had a very strong feeling i was getting a UTI but kinda ignored it! Set off & f@ck it wasn't long before I knew it defo was one! The urge to pee was unreal but knew i didn't actually need to:eek: After our warm up we did some fartlek training, something i wouldn't know a lot about. We took turns to pick out different objects or landmarks to run to, varying the distances & speeds accordingly! One of us was much better at being specific with where we had to run to...and he made sure i knew it :D I really enjoyed this but think i would have enjoyed it better if it didn't feel like someone was using my bladder as a trampoline!!! On then to demonstrate long hill sprints & short hill sprints. The long ones i had done before but not the short one! Up a very steep hill which S explained it was more for form, i really enjoyed this & look forward to hopefully being able to add them to my plan! Headed off for the cool down & it became very apparent by my red face(which wouldn't be usual for me) and my extremely heavy breathing that yes i had an infection later confirmed by my irratic heartrate!! Luckily got my hands on some antibiotics and started them straight away! Decided to sleep on it & see how i felt for tomorrow's run :)

Sun 15th March - easy miles
    1:21 - 8.40mi - 9:39min/mi

Woke up feeling much better so decided to try out a run. As advised by S if my heartrate was too high running easy i should just stop & head home. Took a risk heading into the PP but wanted to run there incase it'll be weeks before I get in again. First mile felt a bit iffy but thankfully after that everything seemed fine! It was a lovely morning in the park with a lot of people taking advantage of the fresh air. I totally switched off from paces, corona virus & other pressures & just really enjoyed the park, realizing how absolutely lucky i am to be able to run in such a beautiful place & even just to be able to run & enjoy it so much...bit soppy but who cares ;) Really enjoyed this run!

34.4 miles for the week

As many others have mentioned on here, what happens next is very much unknown! As like most i have a few vulnerable people around me & they are at the forefront of my concerns & thoughts. At this stage personal responsibility is key, we need to protect these vulnerable people as much as we possibly can! The uncertainty is scary, there's absolutely no doubt about it but hopefully we will contain it & people will take heed to all that's being advised.

I sincerely hope i can get out to run as that is my sanity but if i can't, in the grand scheme of things then that's ok too...

Tues 17th Mar - Paddy's Day W/U, 5*2mins@6.35, 3min rec, C/D
    6:29, 6:29, 6:41, 6:35, 6:21

A very strange Paddy's day by all accounts! Ran my usual route which was quite deserted. I loved doing the 2mins at speed, really finding the speed sessions a welcome release of tension/fear/anxiety that's inevitably building up inside:(
    Messages came through that evening about Leo's speech so we all gathered around at 9. It was quite surreal to say the least, a lot of mixed emotions after it.

Weds 18th Mar 1hr Easy
    1:00 - 5.97mi - 10:07min/mi

Feeling very meh about this run but got it done. Heartrate was all over the place so i just gave up on it & ran at an effort that felt easy!

Thurs 19th Mar 1hr Easy
    1:00 - 5.82mi - 10:20min/mi

I decided (with a bit of inspo from AMK) to see if i could change some of my runs once i had the chance, mainly just the routes. I drove up to Bohernabreena to do this run. The weather was so nice & it felt great to run somewhere different. The scenery was stunning & the peace & quiet amazing. I will certainly be back up here to run again:)

Friday 20th Mar Easy with 4*short hill sprints, 3min walk rec, c/d
    1:06 - 6.20mi - 10:46min/mi

Another gorgeous day & was lucky enough to be able to head into the PP. Parked at the pope's cross & set off on my run. It's amazing how some day's you can just get lost in your run, enjoying all the little things especially under the current circumstances. It honestly felt like i was in another place altogether, forgetting about all that's going on if only for a little while:( This is exactly why i run & why i love it...
    I got to the hill for my short hill sprints & waited till it was clear, i absolutely loved these especially the surge at the start & even though i was pushing as hard as i could i focused on my form - god they felt great!!! After the 4th one i stood at the top to catch my breath & really took in the views & felt extremely grateful on what was such a gorgeous day...if only life could be this simple:confused:

Sat 21st Mar 75ish easy miles
    1:18 - 7.76mi - 10:07min/mi

I had a really crap sleep the last 2 nights which wouldn't usually bother me but for some reason i fell back asleep at 8am & woke up much later & a lot crankier:eek: I just got up brushed my teeth & headed straight out hoping my mood would change! It was freezing & windy & whilst i usually warm up quite quickly i didn't today:rolleyes: To make it an almost perfect run i was running by a man with a dog almost the same size as me(and no it wasn't a Jack Russell) it looked like he had him close to him & i still gave him a fair bit of distance when i ran by but somehow the dog jumped up on me & almost knocked me over:mad: It scared the life out of me & all his owner could say while grinning was "relax luv, he won't hurt you" all i could think was oh my god i'll f**king hurt you:mad:
    So i'm sure you can guess my mood did not improve at all!!

Sun 22nd Mar Mother's Day 1hr 45mins Easy miles
    1:46 - 10.93mi - 9:42min/mi

I woke up early & stayed up so got ready to head out for my run. Decided to keep it local today so as not to be gone for too long. Again the weather was amazing & i did pass a good few runners today, all solo runners with smiles & nods:D Another enjoyable run & after yesterday it's exactly what i needed! Rewarded myself with a slice of lemon drizzle cake & a salted caramel cupcake that myself & my son made :)

Miles for the week 43.7

In a very strange week thinks just don't seem to be getting any clearer at the moment. One thing that NEEDS to be done is social distancing but unfortunately by pictures on FB & other social media it's clear that a lot of people are simply not adhering to it which is so scary:(
    Today, mother's day i dropped homemade cakes, pressies & a card to my mam's porch, closed it & waited for her to take them in. It broke my heart seeing her & my dad looking so vulnerable & sad...all i wanted to do was hug them so tightly, I am a huger, i can pounce at any given moment especially if i'm happy or just basically if i think someone needs it :D We really do underestimate the healing power of the human touch, a simple hug, a pat on the back, a high five... i know these are only little things to be sad about given the circumstances but they are the things i will hugely welcome back when all of this is over!
    As an adult my mind is overwhelmed on a daily basis but trying to explain it to my son who already suffers with anxiety is huge... he's very intelligent & asks so many questions that i just can't answer so each night his mind has been racing, the person he loves the most in the whole world, my dad, he hasn't seen in weeks for the fear of him passing something on. Given the many different obstacles my son faces my dad has always been his safe place, his rock & he simply misses him so much...

At this stage i really just don't know what to be expecting on a daily basis, the only thing i do know is that myself & my family are taking personal responsibility to protect the one's we love!

Tues 24th Mar W/U, 5*2:30mins@6:35, 2:30 Rec, C/D
    6:24,6:29,6:36,6:25,6:35

Went out for this session in the evening, absolutely gorgeous out. I found a stretch of road for these sessions that i can just run up & down which is great. I always hate passing people when i am doing the recovery parts because it seems like i'm running so slowly but love the buzz of zipping by someone when i'm running really fast:pac: I eased into the paces nicely & felt quite controlled which was great. Have to say i really did enjoy the effort & speed i put into this, great to shake up the easy runs with something like this!
    Came back to a message from my daughter to say my grandson had finally gotten his Covid 19 test done. He had symptoms the week before & temp & cough persisted over a few days so doctor referred him. Thankfully his symptoms improved this week but he was still tested before the new criteria came in. We are waiting on the results now but really happy that he's so much better now!

Weds 25th Mar 1hr Easy
    1:00 - 6.48mi - 9:20min/mi

Another absolutely cracking day, nice easy run:cool:

Thurs 26th Mar 1hr Easy
    1:03 - 6.51mi - 9:44min/mi

Another gorgeous day plus i got to take out my vest top & try out my new Reebok Forever Floatride Energy runners. I ordered these along with a few other boardsies at a reduced price! The postman knocked early & my OH answered the door & with the size of the box there was absolutely no hiding these runners:D He just said oh look yet another pair of runners & laughed!
    I ordered the runners in a white/grey/orange colour so will most definitely be kept for the lovely weather i'm expecting over the summer:cool: Runners felt so comfortable from the moment i put them on & all the way through the run! So overall very happy with these at a bargain price!

Fri 27th Mar Easy miles with 8 hill sprints with 2min Rec
    5:46,6:16,5:42,5:59,5:57,6:10,5:50,6:16

Went out to the PP for this run. Parked at The Popes Cross and took the same route as last week. Park wasn't too packed but good to see most people adhering to social distancing. I took my jacket off & tied it to one of the poles then started my hill sprints & ran with a decent effort. The 45 secs brought me up past a white bench where 2 women were sitting, a good distance apart but still chatting. There was a bloke there doing his hill sprints too but his were slightly further than mine - on the recoveries we kinda gave each other that i can feel your pain kinda look! I jogged the recoveries very slowly & really enjoyed these. After about the 5th one the women actually started encouraging me & nearly cheering me on which was really nice! As i ran by them for the last time i said cheers ladies, that really helped & they replied well done girl you were flying them, felt like my own little motivational team right there:D Turns out i ran these a bit too fast, should have been at 5k effort so that's noted & more attention will be paid next time Boss;)

Sat 28th Mar Easy Miles - Lockdown
    1:15 - 7.52mi - 10:03min/mi

So after the announcement last night this felt a bit weird getting ready for a run. I mapped out a route within a 2km radius with the help of a friend & ran that. I also made a conscious decision to get up early for my runs so that i avoid as many people as possible & try avoid any disapproving looks:eek: Not many people out at all so very happy with that. Passed by 2 garda cars & had my map etc ready to show them if they stopped me, which of course they didn't:pac: A much colder morning & a lot breezier than the last few days. Happy to get my 1st lockdown run over & done with!

Sun 29th Mar Easy miles
    1:30 - 9.50mi - 9:33min/mi

Stayed up latish last night playing bingo loco online & face timing a few friends! Had a few cans of bulmers light then went onto the pink gin:eek: I am such a light weight these days haha I actually had a pain in my stomach from laughing with my friends about absolute crap! We than had a dance off which was even funnier on line:D Have to say it was exactly what i needed with everything that's going on - a little bit of sillyness in a world that's on it's knees fighting a pandemic!
    I had my alarm set for 7 so even though i felt tired i just got up & went out! About 20mins into my run i realised the clocks had gone forward so no wonder i was so tired:rolleyes: This morning was eerily quite! Passed 1 jogger & a couple of people but on the other side of the road! Ran the route i ran yesterday then just ran up & down a part of the road to add the extra time on! Enjoyed the run but was bollox*d tired when i got home so jumped back into bed for a while & watched a few more episodes of Tiger King - what a fu*ked up programme:eek:

Miles for the week 45.1

I have been following a few threads on here about social distancing etc & really wanted to comment but decided not to give into the Trolls! Even before all this i always gave respect to others on a path, walkers fellow joggers etc. To me this is just good manners, if i can move out of the way safely i will always move it's just easier! I don't think attacking each other at a time like this is neither constructive or helpful! Have your opinion, say it once then that really should be it. I know most runners follow the same etiquette so i really wouldn't be getting into pointless arguments with trolls! I run because i love running but now more than ever i need it for myself! Since starting training for my marathon last year i have taken very few days off because running is now a way of life for me so i don't feel selfish trying to get it done whilst adhering to all the guidelines given. If i am told to stop running then there's absolutely no question, i will stop but until then i am doing what keeps me sane right now:)

Also have to say i am loving reading all the different Marathon race reports!

Keep safe everybody:)

Well done on plotting out your route around your own area. Not an easy job to do ;-) Your friend must be very talented with maps and route planning apps. I'd even go so far as to suggest the term genius should be used to describe him/her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Well done on plotting out your route around your own area. Not an easy job to do ;-) Your friend must be very talented with maps and route planning apps. I'd even go so far as to suggest the term genius should be used to describe him/her.

I wonder is humility one of this friend's main character traits?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Probably of an age where they could plot a route using the sun; moon and stars.

I would think not....probably an aul opinionated, self righteous grouch :eek:
    Probably of an age where they could plot a route using the sun; moon and stars.

Probably just uses the moon and the stars as the sun is busy shining out of his ar$e :D

skyblue46 wrote: »

Thanks but in the end it was really quite easy and didn't take too long:D Talented & Genius are very very strong words to use for this particular friend tbh ;) Patient and helpful would be more appropriate and when all this is over i will make them a few sambos:D

Tues 31st Mar - W/U, 5*3mins@6:30, 3min rec, C/D
    6:33, 6:49, 6:33, 6:36,6:38

I'm sure by now people have guessed that session days indeed are my favourite days & now even more so! Went off on my w/u & the 2miles brought me to the Katherine Tynan road which is a nice straight road. The side i ran was along the Luas line, a fence on the inside & bushes along the side of the tracks so once on it there's no way across till the end of it! I was happy with the 1st 3mins, then headed into the next & was flying along when yes you guessed it, a huge dog came around the corner:eek: He scared the fook out of me & i froze... He started to walk towards me & i honestly thought i was going to have to try my hand at high jumps & hop over the fence:pac: Luckily his owner came around the corner & he went over to him! I gave him a bit of a look but i don't think he really cared! I went across the road which is the same stretch of road but not enclosed. I hit the rest of the paces(a tiny bit slow) but felt great afterwards!

Weds 1st of April Easy Miles
    1:00 - 6.42mi - 9:26min/mi

Nothing much to report - nice easy run!

Thurs 2nd April As Above;)
    1:01 - 5.95mi - 10:23min/mi

Nice early run, didn't pass many people but when i did come close i always moved across the path or out onto the road. Had a taxi driver give me a very scolding kind of look on the Katherine Tynan road, usually wouldn't be bothered but for some reason he did piss me off! Like ffs i'm on my own doing absolutely no harm to anyone... I was so tempted to give him the finger but decided against it:D

Fri 3rd April W/U, 2*10mins@7:15/20, 2min rec, C/D
    1:04 - 7.25mi - 8min/mi

Again i loved this session! Felt the effort was very even for the 2*10mins & enjoyed running it at the faster pace. Decided to run up & down the KT road as it was the easiest way to do it so that i wasn't crossing any roads. I even earned myself a little Strava crown which i will take as praise from anywhere at the moment is greatly appreciated:D

Sat 4th April Easy miles
    1:32 - 7.96mi - 9:32min/mi

After a few too many drinks Friday night i turned my alarm off at 7 & fell back asleep. Got up to drop my daughter to work then headed to Aldi to get the shopping but the queue was quite long but family members needed to be fed & they were relying on me to come home with the goods so i stuck it out:cool: I went home & got the shopping away then went upstairs to get changed for my run... but stupidly i lay on my bed:o An hour passed, then another, watching tik toc videos, checking boards, looking at everyone elses run on strava but not moving my a$$:rolleyes: I felt absolutely no motivation at all:eek: I spoke to S who told me just to head out & i would feel better after, nope still didn't budge! So a little bit later he messaged & asked if i still felt unmotivated to which i replied yep... so he said no point pushing it, just bail on today's run then head out tomorrow! Wait what???? was i missing something???? S was being nice telling me to just rest & not worry about it:eek: I smiled to myself & thought cool i'll put a film on, then my mind started, you're not someone who bails on runs! Get your fat a$$ off the bed & get out!!! So up i got & was ready in 5 mins! Proudly i messaged S to say i was heading out & he just laughed saying he knew that's exactly what i'd do:eek: Crafty haha ... so folks relax he wasn't being nice just a bit of reverse psychology;)
    It was a much busier run & i ran through a small park that i've only been using as part of my new route but it's not the best tbh - 3 lads ahead of me with a horse kept looking behind & sneering so i ran as far to the side as i could but one of them did something with the rope & the poor horse freaked a bit & went into my path, i went further across & just shook my head! I really don't get that kind of mentality:mad: The rest of the run was grand but my HR turned out to be a little on the high side for an easy run so something to keep an eye on! Overall glad i didn't bail on this run:P

Sun 5th April Easy miles
    1:32 - 9.44mi - 9:46min/mi

Got up early again for this run & off i went. Nice warm morning but very breezy. This run i concentrated on keeping my HR below an average of 135 which i found easy enough to do once i slowed down! Happy to finish the week off with this run:D

Miles for the week - 44.7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Your some woman ! I love your positivity and ability to be driven in these crazy times !

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Your some woman ! I love your positivity and ability to be driven in these crazy times !

Haha cheers! Keeps me relatively sane in this crazy times :P:D

Mon 6th April Very easy miles
    36:13 - 3.58mi - 10:06min/mi

My new runners arrived so decided to try them out on this absolutely gorgeous day! It's amazing how the sun just lifts your mood. I ran 2 laps of a local loop which i could use for the 5k TT, will see what other options might be available.
    Nice easy miles, happy to get out.

Tues 7th Aprilw/u, 5*3.5mins@6:30 off 3mins, c/d
    6:32, 6:29, 6:30, 6:30, 6:35
    1:10 - 8.11mi - 8:49min/mi

Again this was a gorgeous day. Shorts, vest top, speed session & sunshine - what more could you ask for:cool:
    W/U was nice to ease me into this session. Started off too fast with the 1st couple of reps then settled in nicely. The last few i seemed to get spot on from the start. Was thrilled with the times as they were nearly bang on for each one. This is something i have been trying to work on as i'm usually too fast or fall a good bit behind. To get them spot on is good progress for me & i'm very happy with it.
    Finished my c/d with a lap of the local park as another possible route for the TT.
    Very happy with this session :)

Weds 8th April Easy miles
    1:00 - 6.12mi - 9:50min/mi

Easy miles on another beautiful morning.

Thurs 9th April More easy miles
    1:00 - 6.02mi - 10:05min/mi

Another sunny day - tried to base this on my HR but it was acting up so just ran by feel.

Friday 10th April w/u, 3*30sec@6:30 off 1min, 4*5mins@7:10 off 90secs, 3*1min@6:50 off 60secs, c/d
    6:45, 6:07, 6:12
    7:10, 7:11, 7:11, 7:11
    48:48 - 5.90mi - 8:17min/mi

Really blessed with the weather the last few days, makes heading out a lot easier! I knew the 30sec bursts wouldn't be spot on but really enjoyed them. Again i was really happy with the 5min reps. They felt really controlled and consistent so again i was thrilled to see me getting them almost spot on. Unfortunately i messed up the 1min reps by putting them in as miles on my Garmin so once i realised that it was an extremely long minute i stopped my watch, saved the session then did the min reps as best i could - no big deal:rolleyes:
    I love getting out for these sessions, really breaks up the week for me & gives me something to look forward to!

Sat 11th April Easy miles
    1:15 - 8.23mi - 9:12min/mi
    Again another nice day for a run, didn't pass too many people which is always a good thing! Starting to get a bit of a colour from this weeks runs which mainly means a nice collection of freckles:pac:

My daughters boyfriend organised a social distance birthday party for her in his garden just us & them. Was a lovely day for it & think i drank a bit more than i am used to, still can't believe i have a 23 year old daughter:eek:

Sun 12th April Easy miles at roughly 9min pace
    1:30 - 10.03 - 9min/mi

Oh good god i have no idea how i even got myself out for this! It's a long time since i have felt like this:( I put it off for as long as possible. I drank a zero tab, had tea & ferrero's & hoped for the best. I only ran on pace today & kept it averaging 9mins, was actually surprised that i felt ok - that was till i seen my HR afterwards:eek: I seriously think i just have a weird heart(wouldn't be the first time i've been told this haha) I survived anyway so not sure wtf is up with it!

Not sure on my route yet for the TT, think i want to be as honest to myself as i can be at this stage! Really enjoying the bit of banter on the thread, something that's defo needed right now;)

50.49 miles for the week with 7 days running:D

Mon 13th April Very easy miles
    34:12 - 3.30mi - 10:21min/mi

Set the alarm for 7 & hit snooze till after 10:eek: Body obviously still fooked after all the drink:rolleyes: Eventually got up & went out for a cold, breezy 3 miles.

Couldn't post last night as i was so bOlloxed so might just update this as i feel during the week instead of leaving it until Sunday - add a bit of spontaneity:cool:

Tues 14th April W/U, 5*4mins@6:30, 3mins recovery, C/D

6:32, 6:42, 6:37, 7:00, 6:48

Warm up felt grand, didn't run on the stretch of road i have been doing these on as there seemed to be a few more people out than usual. Started off at pace & felt fine, hard to get these spot on but that's what i have been aiming for. The 2nd one felt fine for most of it but then it got tough. By rep 4 i wasn't sure what was going on? Why weren't my legs responding? I felt like i was putting the effort in but instead of the watch shaving seconds off it was adding them on! When i seen the 7min on the 4th i really felt disheartened, almost stopped but didn't!!! I debated if there was any point in doing the 5th one but knew i couldn't just leave my session like that so did it! I'm not sure if it was the effects of the bad hangover(not as young as i like to think :rolleyes: ) Anyway excuses aside i simply couldn't do the reps to the pace required! I jogged home feeling dissapointed with myself but knew i had to just put it down to a bad day.

Weds 15th April Easy miles
    1:00 - 6.24mi - 9:39min/mi

Gorgeous sunny morning for some easy miles. Decided to wear my Liverpool jersey for the day that's in it! Hard to believe it was 31 years ago. I was just shy of my 11th birthday & i remember my dad sending me over to the local shop to buy The Sun newspaper for him. I'll never forget the horrific images on the front page! Nobody should go to a football match & never come home...

On a happier note today is my daughter's 23rd birthday & she got to call down with my grandson to have some Lemon fancies & a cuppa tea in the garden:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Yep, some sessions are like that, especially after a 50-mile week. (Couldn't possibly be related to hangover).;)

Advertisement